Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I remember when Pedro first got injured.... at the spurs away game some guy behind me was so sure he was out for the season and had heard that from Darren bloom. Many laughed at me when I put it on here.

I hope he's wrong or lying !
Club aren't exactly shy from saying players are out for the season when they actually are...Hinshelwood, Mitoma. There's always rumours about injuries that the recovery is going to be quicker/longer than expected.

All we do know with Pedro is that club - multiple times since Spurs (A) - have publicly indicated a (vagueish admittedly) return for Pedro where he will play a part in the PL run in.

the quote (thanks @Machiavelli ) from the pre Forest press conference re: Pedro (and Milner) to a q about whether he'd be back "are they on target to come back after the international break, for the Liverpool game" - to which he replied "(nods) I hope so but i'm not sure"

(around 50 secs in)

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Joao unlikely to be back for Liverpool according to Roberto :(

ta. where's the quote. ? He doesn't talk about a return/Liverpool in this - except for saying he "hopes" Milner and Pedro will be back for the final ten games.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
ta. where's the quote. ? He doesn't talk about a return/Liverpool in this - except for saying he "hopes" Milner and Pedro will be back for the final ten games.

At the end of this one. I take it perhaps to mean he may be eased back to the bench for Liverpool and hopefully ready to play for the following games but I'm reading a lot into that. I guess they will see how he goes for the next couple of weeks. Hopefully he doesn't break down again.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Pedro
Naylor in The Athletic a few hours ago: De Zerbi hopes to have top scorer Joao Pedro and James Milner back from injuries for Brighton's next match at Liverpool on March 31
Yep. He's reporting what RDZ said in the post match press conference where he "hoped" Milner and Pedro would be available for Liverpool.. But the more specific post match interview with Johnny Cantor (see #548 above- he was less sure, and said "No' for Liverpool and talked about Pedro being available for the "last 8, 9 games of the season". I guess given its 2-3 weeks away and he's not training yet - its hard to speculate. Sounds like they're now targeting Brentford (A) .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
- Doesn't happen very often but Adam Webster being given a u21 run out tonight presumably to keep his fitness up. Not sure ( @AZ Gull - ? ) if there are any gaps with the u21s at CB ?
- O Mahony - back with the u21s - on the bench

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Solly posted on his instagram 4 days ago a picture of himself in the gym with a caption saying ''getting closer to a comeback''. As vague as that is, maybe he's hopeful we'll see him in the final few games of the season.

Jack Hinshelwood was also featured in those gym pictures, and if a stress fracture is 2 months out could we see him back in April?

Just looking for some positives...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Solly posted on his instagram 4 days ago a picture of himself in the gym with a caption saying ''getting closer to a comeback''. As vague as that is, maybe he's hopeful we'll see him in the final few games of the season.

Jack Hinshelwood was also featured in those gym pictures, and if a stress fracture is 2 months out could we see him back in April?

Just looking for some positives...
Agreed - both possible that Solly and Jack could play minutes before end of season.

PS: Solly - This is is the same Insta post linked to in #535 (not a new one)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Be surprised if March is back this season playing anything more than a cameo performance, obviously hope I'm wrong though

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Be surprised if March is back this season playing anything more than a cameo performance, obviously hope I'm wrong though
Likewise - but possible he might come on for a cameo. The last game of the season (v Man Utd on the 19th May) is almost exactly two months from today.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not on international duty but looking ok in the Lancing gym - has the long awaited return of Joao Pedro finally begun?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not on international duty but looking ok in the Lancing gym - has the long awaited return of Joao Pedro finally begun?

I mean it IS good to see him, and that, but it's not actually evidence of much progress, for him to 'look ok' while sitting on the floor of a gym, is it?

Douglas Bader would have no doubt 'looked ok' sitting on the floor of a gym!

I don't think I'll put him down as first goalscorer in my Liverpool acca, just yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here