Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Come on surely you can admit the Dunk ‘injury’ which has been present since the end of last season, forced him to pull out of an England squad and now missed pretty much all of pre season is a bit concerning
When someone reports he’s not been training (he has) or that he’s not going to recover in time for Luton in 2 weeks (they haven’t) - maybe . But agreed If he’s not in the starting 11 for the friendly next week then - a worry.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No Solly March or Webster either.
However, no game time at all for Lewis is really concerning.
Any news?
RDZ’s post match interview is quite revealing although he is not asked about Webster.

He basically says that the plan is to have Dunk and March ready for the first match but he is not taking risks with them in friendless because of their injuries at the end of last season. Milner has a small issue but he didn’t seem overly concerned.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Any update? Bit disappointing to have four out already.

Dunk (training next week)
Lamptey (shock horror)
Bonny
Milner (don't think I've seen him kick a ball in the training pics yet)
Lamptey - played in last game of Summer series.
Buonanotte - he did as well
Milner/Dunk - Naylor reporting today both expected to be fit for Luton. Dunk expected to play in weekend friendly.

Basically - aside from Moder. There are no current reported injuries.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dunk, Milner, Lallana - why start the burn out in July? Long season ahead. If I recall correctly Dunk has never played many pre season matches. Normally just plays the friendly the week before KO

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dunk, Milner, Lallana - why start the burn out in July? Long season ahead. If I recall correctly Dunk has never played many pre season matches. Normally just plays the friendly the week before KO
Good point well made.

All of these fall under the ‘prolonging the career’ category now. We’ll be managing their minutes very carefully. Especially Dunk who I imagine, will only play in the League/FA cups in the later stages as he’ll surely be prioritised for EPL and Europa.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Naylor said Dunk was expecting to play a part against Newcastle but didn't feel 100% and will play on Sunday.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Don't know where you've got that from. He's always been involved from the first PSF match (unless specifically suffering from an injury, as he was in the summer of 2021 when he returned in time for the Getafe game).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Don't know where you've got that from. He's always been involved from the first PSF match (unless specifically suffering from an injury, as he was in the summer of 2021 when he returned in time for the Getafe game).
I made it up

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Both Milner and Dunk now reported (by Naylor/The Athletic) to be playing minutes in the Raya Vallecano friendly on Sunday.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Are any of Moran, Offiah and Leonard injured? Was surprised not to see them take part in the US games.
None of them travelled to the US and Leonard has since gone on loan to Northampton. Expect the same for the other two.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just lamptey and velty out at the moment? (Plus some guy with a 'hamstring' issue)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Veltman is on the bench today. Lamptey not in squad.
Time to offload Lamptey I think. So many injuries and nowhere near the player he was.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here