Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injured players update, anyone?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Greer is going to miss Brentford, maybe Calderon and Bong as the 2 defenders on the bench ? ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not good, according to the Argus neither Bong or Rosenior are back anytime soon. Talk of Calderon being recalled for the Hull game if Ridgewell loan isn't extended.

I am thinking a bit like BG about our LB options

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not good, according to the Argus neither Bong or Rosenior are back anytime soon. Talk of Calderon being recalled for the Hull game if Ridgewell loan isn't extended.

I am thinking a bit like BG about our LB options
The Ridgewell loan cannot now be extended if it hasn't already been, as the transfer window is shut, and the loan window doesn't apply for international loans.

However a different left back could be brought in on 28 day loan from Feb 9th.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Ridgewell loan cannot now be extended if it hasn't already been, as the transfer window is shut, and the loan window doesn't apply for international loans.

Great, so we are once again caught with our trousers down at LB it seems.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yet what the argus actually says is that Bong and.Rosenior will be close in that run of 3 away games. Not the nowhere near that icy suggested it said

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yet what the argus actually says is that Bong and.Rosenior will be close in that run of 3 away games. Not the nowhere near that icy suggested it said

Given that both have been injured for months and are not yet back in training would suggest to me that they are nowhere near ready. Last game of this month at the earliest? Depends on your interpretation of nowhere near I guess. Remember how long it took to get KLL back and he's still not up to a full game and Baldock appears to still be crocked. It's hard to get my hopes up too much for Bong and Rosenior.

BG and I may be alone here but I think we are a bit light in the LB position.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Im just going by Hughton saying in that piece that theyre not that far off. Interpretations I guess.
I do agree we are light at left back but maybe the loan window will bear fruit and the.return of Bong is closer than we fear

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Club are saying in a report today all 3 players are back "within the next few weeks"
Gaetan Bong, Liam Rosenior and Uwe Huenemeier are yet to make their returns to full training, but are all expected to be back in the frame within the next few weeks.
via http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-preview/?matchid=3887880&tcmuri=2844055

Argus is quoting CH as saying from his press conference today...
“We know Liam Ridgewell’s last game is the Bolton game. (on Feb 13th)
“We then go to Hull in midweek (Feb 16th) and Cardiff on the Saturday. (Feb 20th) [and Bristol City on the 23rd]
"Gaetan and Liam will be quite close. I think they will be fairly close to coming into the game on the Saturday. (Cardiff)
“We won’t be too far away and we still have Calde who has come in and performed well for us in that position.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14251085.Calderon_in_line_for_another_left_back_call/

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Club are saying in a report today all 3 players are back "within the next few weeks"
Gaetan Bong, Liam Rosenior and Uwe Huenemeier are yet to make their returns to full training, but are all expected to be back in the frame within the next few weeks.
via http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-preview/?matchid=3887880&tcmuri=2844055

Argus is quoting CH as saying from his press conference today...
“We know Liam Ridgewell’s last game is the Bolton game. (on Feb 13th)
“We then go to Hull in midweek (Feb 16th) and Cardiff on the Saturday. (Feb 20th) [and Bristol City on the 23rd]
"Gaetan and Liam will be quite close. I think they will be fairly close to coming into the game on the Saturday. (Cardiff)
“We won’t be too far away and we still have Calde who has come in and performed well for us in that position.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14251085.Calderon_in_line_for_another_left_back_call/

He cannot be serious.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The subtext to me looks like we'll get a loan left back on Feb 9th, but the club are not going to announce that they are trying to do so.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Could Gnabry play in that position , i know he is more of a winger but fullbacks are expected to bomb forward nowadays and Wenger suggested Gnabry would be moving but not until next week .

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Could Gnabry play in that position , i know he is more of a winger but fullbacks are expected to bomb forward nowadays and Wenger suggested Gnabry would be moving but not until next week .

Surely Calde would be better than an attacking winger trying to play at fullback..

I guess we'll have a few targets on our radar but only move for them if it looks like Bong and Ronsenior won't be back in time. I really don't see the club paying for a top quality LB on loan if they are only needed for one game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

i've followed the Gnabry stuff and its a relief we're looking to add a winger to our paltry roster of wide players in the squad.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
i've followed the Gnabry stuff and its a relief we're looking to add a winger to our paltry roster of wide players in the squad.

It's supply and demand, overload the squad with good wingers as we can't afford decent forwards :wink:

False9

Feb 16, 2016
This was in Tim Carder's January Almanac but not right up to date.

[...]
Hambo – out until February with torn cartilage
[...]

Vahid Hambo recently (Tuesday) spoke to a Finnish newspaper, here's a recap of that.

- "I've been progressing well. I should be able to joint the lads for proper training in two weeks."

He has been out running and kicking ball with the physio. The knee has been good. There's no pain, but some swelling.

- "I've focused more on other things. Haven't thought about football that much. Now that I haven't been able to play, I've been strengthening my body. Now I'll work to reach my best fitness ever. Won't get injured as much and will be able to do all things better."

Hambo has been training with heavier weights, changed his diet and recognised the importance of rest.

- "I thought I was professional with these things before, but there are things I've realised only now."

There are a handful of games left of the U21 league. There's no point in rushing things at this point.

- "I don't worry about it."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here