Inigo Calderon

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Probably the nicest footballer I have ever spoken to....well mannered and articulate.
If he played CF he would not disgace himself....and get goals.....Well done Calde..

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Well you've rewritten history there, when was he behind Painter and Mattock? Left backs, the pair of them. He has only been ousted briefly by Jara and infrequently by a fit Bruno. He played well today, bit Bolton are shi... poor standard.

This all day long

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
He brings so much more to the club as well, building in his degree and using that to support, teach and aid some of the AITC courses, helping the other Spanish players settle in when they arrived and much more.

A real gent to speak to and loves the club and appreciates the fans.

Oh and he can play.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
He brings so much more to the club as well, building in his degree and using that to support, teach and aid some of the AITC courses, helping the other Spanish players settle in when they arrived and much more.

A real gent to speak to and love the club and appreciates the fans.

Oh and he can play.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I like the way he goes 'Pffffffffffffffttttt' in that very Spanish way in interviews

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
My favourite player of the last 5 years.

From the limited information I have from people who work for the club he is a gentleman of the highest order.

I bloody well love the guy.

At a guess he's scored or been involved in 5 of the best 10 goals we've scored in the last 3 years.

He's smashing :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Few assists from him now as well. Playing his best football after looking shaky when we first moved up a division.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd be SHOCKED if he left the club when he retired and never returned in any capacity.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Spoke to Calde's wife after the game - he is very appreciative of the fans and of the club because they allow him to do more than just play

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've probably bored for England when I've mentioned this, but I'm going to say it again anyway...

The show we did with Calderon, and the time before and after the recording (on the weekend of the 3-0 Palace home match) was one of the most pleasurable times I've had this year. For those who say, "I've been told he's a lovely bloke...", that's an understatement. He's a gentleman, he's intelligent, articulate, quick-witted, committed, a 'beeg keed', and someone is (as Dick Knight would say)... very Brighton. As this from someone doing the show using his third language.

Gotta love that fella.

Edit: After that Palace match, wasn't Calde doing a love-filled, ecstatic holler to the crowd? Someone remind me...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Playing so well........ wonder if we might see Bruno pushed forward into midfield (pretty sure he has played there for Valencia) as can't see him getting in ahead of Calde at the moment

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
He was totally owned by Zaha in the PO and is often yellow carded for stupid challenges but he's a busy and industrious player who always gives 100%. For that, I like him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports