Inigo Calderon

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Now i know he`s back from a serious injury but what has happened to him?
He`s half the player he was last season.
Maybe its too early and he needs a few more matches to get fit but he was getting the right runaround at the end of saturday`s game.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Now i know he`s back from a serious injury but what has happened to him?
He`s half the player he was last season.
Maybe its too early and he needs a few more matches to get fit but he was getting the right runaround at the end of saturday`s game.

He picked up a foot injury against Swindon and he is coming back from his hip injury.

Once we were down to ten men on Saturday it was down the Rochdale left hand side that they had the spare man which made his job more difficult.

No need to worry - he will regain his form of last season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hear hear. 2 'poor' games [were they, anyway?]. Ship him out. Boooo. Spanish rubbish.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well to be honest, poor wasn`t the word i used.But it only dawned on me in the pub afterwards when some friends mentioned it.
I hope he gets back to where he was last season.

'half the player'

'getting the right run around'...

What a load of old GASH.

Caldy was fine. Should have put us 3-1 to win it though, when he stormed onto Bennett's lay-off.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
'half the player'

'getting the right run around'...

What a load of old GASH.

Caldy was fine. Should have put us 3-1 to win it though, when he stormed onto Bennett's lay-off.

Awful finish, put him in the reserves for a week or two, the bounder!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You're right, he didn't have a very good game and didn't look fully fit to me. Once he is he will be fine, of course. Seems like you're not allowed to comment on stuff that happened any more though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you say so, i must have imagined their left sided players waltzing through our defence then, must get to specsavers

You didn't imagine it, you're just unfairly laying the blame for it soley at the sore feet of Inigo. He wasn't the only player who stood off their on rushing player, I remember at least one of those waltzes going straight through a crowd of three players, any of whom could/should have made the challenge, and that was after the rochdale player had picked the ball up in his own half and walked bast our midfield unchallenged.

Inigo may not have been up to his usual standards, but he still played a big part in our passing moves, making and receiving plenty of passes, making himself available, and made a few runs forward that caused Rochdale trouble. Should have kept his shot down, or slid it across for Murray, but he isn't the first player to shoot and miss instead of pass, and if everyone did that no one would ever shoot.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He is excellent going forward and as part of how we play - but wingers can get around him and to the dead-ball line. It happened a couple of times last season and cost us and it happened on Saturday - but didn't cost us.

We will just have to live with it. And central defence need to be vigilant.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Could be the blisters on his feet. Could be that we have no cover at right back(Gus wont play Whing again) so he has to play though the pain. Or it could be, he has got his contract now, so feet up, easy street!

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I really hope i`m wrong this time, i didn`t realise about the blisters/foot injury he picked up at Swindon so i`ll admit to being wrong about this.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You're right, he didn't have a very good game and didn't look fully fit to me. Once he is he will be fine, of course. Seems like you're not allowed to comment on stuff that happened any more though.

Correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports