Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon- vote fix needed, chance to win Sky TV for a year!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm thinking of cancelling as well, can you let us know what they offer you to stay on board? I'm sure they'll try and tempt you to stay. :smile:

They didn't! They just said "OK then," cancelled it, and moved on.

I wonder if there is a bit of a run on cancellations today?

I'll miss the cricket, but that's it. I'm delighted not to have the 'opportunity' to settle down to watch some shitty Premier League game that I have no interest in, and that I know will annoy me. I feel cleansed.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
They didn't! They just said "OK then," cancelled it, and moved on.

I wonder if there is a bit of a run on cancellations today?

I'll miss the cricket, but that's it. I'm delighted not to have the 'opportunity' to settle down to watch some shitty Premier League game that I have no interest in, and that I know will annoy me. I feel cleansed.

Thanks for that, won't stop me from cancelling. It would help if Sussex get knocked out of the 20T Blast though :smile:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Thanks for that, won't stop me from cancelling. It would help if Sussex get knocked out of the 20T

Blast though :smile:

They are happy to let you go....... But once you have left, they will bombard you with calls, emails texts, letters to try to get you to come back.
Strange company.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Done!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Done.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Done.

On the subject of leaving Sky (or Virgin, or whoever), they probably aren't too bothered because they know you'll be back. I was talking to the guy that installed our Virgin kit, and he said that, like car insurance, etc, a lot of people shop around once they are free of their contract and go back to the other company where they can take advantage of "New customers only" benefits.

Same happened with me with Sky when I left - I think I negotiated something when I first said I was looking to downgrade to save money, but when it came to leaving, they didn't try and stop me. I don't think I'll be going back - don't watch enough TV to make it worthwhile.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Done.

On the subject of leaving Sky (or Virgin, or whoever), they probably aren't too bothered because they know you'll be back. I was talking to the guy that installed our Virgin kit, and he said that, like car insurance, etc, a lot of people shop around once they are free of their contract and go back to the other company where they can take advantage of "New customers only" benefits.

Same happened with me with Sky when I left - I think I negotiated something when I first said I was looking to downgrade to save money, but when it came to leaving, they didn't try and stop me. I don't think I'll be going back - don't watch enough TV to make it worthwhile.

I didn't leave Virgin, I just cancelled Sky Sports. As such, I won't be back - I genuinely don't want to be part of the Murdoch gravy train anymore.

I expected them to offer me something, but they didn't. Not that I'd have accepted if they had!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Done - voting ends 1st June. GET VOTING. Calde deserves it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I didn't leave Virgin, I just cancelled Sky Sports. As such, I won't be back - I genuinely don't want to be part of the Murdoch gravy train anymore.

I expected them to offer me something, but they didn't. Not that I'd have accepted if they had!

Ah, apologies - my fault for skipping through to the latter pages of the thread. The same principle applies, I think - they know (rather arrogantly) that people will keep coming back, so they are not that fussed about people leaving.

Virgin (and Sky in the past) occasionally offer me upgrades, and I tell them that unless it is free, I'm not interested. Amazingly, they still persist, until I have to repeat myself about four times. The same with the people that call with a 'lifestyle survey that will only take a minute of your time". I couldn't care if it took me 10 seconds, I'm not interested...

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
BUMP.

Voting closes Sunday:sheep::sheep:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here