Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon doing triathlon for Chestnut Tree House Childrens Hospice

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A meagre contribution tossed in by the Meade for this walking, living legend. I tend to think he won't finish the contest first, purely because during the swimming he'll free an entangled porpoise from a nearby squid net pumping his last breath into its blowhole, whilst when cycling stopping off at every breakdown with his toolkit and refreshments sidecar to repair and energise all fellow competitors. And he'll do it with a big and caring smile on his chops.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I will donate when I get home. Someone close to me is cared for by the wonderful people at Chestnut House, and it's just typical of Inigo to be making this sort of effort, giving up his own time, doing what he can to help.

He needs to be given a job for life at the Albion, in whatever capacity. As others have said, it's not often that someone comes along and they just fit, completely and naturally, into everything that Brighton and the Albion are all about. He must not be allowed to go anywhere else!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I will donate when I get home. Someone close to me is cared for by the wonderful people at Chestnut House, and it's just typical of Inigo to be making this sort of effort, giving up his own time, doing what he can to help.

He needs to be given a job for life at the Albion, in whatever capacity. As others have said, it's not often that someone comes along and they just fit, completely and naturally, into everything that Brighton and the Albion are all about. He must not be allowed to go anywhere else!
seconded....well said!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just made a donation - to think he does all this as a Spanish national, giving talks etc in English. My Spanish runs about as far as asking for a couple of beers! Top bloke, great cause. Would love to see him as a coach in the future at the Albion.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
For many, if not most, top flight footballers, I'd think 'donate some of your salary'...but for Calderon it somehow feels just fine (yes I have donated). Keep it going people!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
For many, if not most, top flight footballers, I'd think 'donate some of your salary'...but for Calderon it somehow feels just fine (yes I have donated). Keep it going people!

Knowing how great he is, he probably has/will donate on top of doing a triathlon and enduring all the bad things Meade's Ball has so tragically predicted :lol:

Inigo Calderon is fundraising for Chestnut Tree House Childrens Hospice

Hola,

I am Inigo Calderon, defender for Brighton & Hove Albion.

I recently visited my local children’s hospice - Chestnut Tree House in Sussex - and was so moved by the fantastic care they provide for the children and their families that I wanted do something to help.

On 15 June, I am taking part in the Triatlon Aritzaleku in Spain and I want to get as much sponsorship as I can to help the children at Chestnut Tree House.

The triathlon is a 750 metre swim, followed by a 40km bike ride and a 5km run. I am training hard for the event, but I am not looking forward to the swim! I am sure raising funds for the children and families at Chestnut Tree House will give me the strength and inspiration to complete the triathlon!

So, to all my friends and Albion supporters out there, I need your help! This is a really worthy local cause, helping local children in Sussex with life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses, who won’t live to adulthood. Please support me by giving a donation and I pledge to swim, cycle and run for this very special place, Chestnut Tree House!

Gracias!

Last edited:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I tend to think he won't finish the contest first, purely because during the swimming he'll free an entangled porpoise from a nearby squid net pumping his last breath into its blowhole, whilst when cycling stopping off at every breakdown with his toolkit and refreshments sidecar to repair and energise all fellow competitors. And he'll do it with a big and caring smile on his chops.

Brilliantly put! So, so true.

As others have said, just when you think he can't be any more impressive, bloody hell, he goes and pulls it off.

I always thought it was a bit weird having a footballing hero in my mid 30's, but he's so much more than that - he's inspirational.

Terry Connor's almost dead to me. Still, at least he has a tent-sized pair o' knickers...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Only £47 short of his target, he had better get in some swimming and cycling practice, lets hope he has a decent bike perhaps the cycling geeks could donate one

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Blimey - nearly there in just a couple of hours! Something tells me he will get a lot more than the £500!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
A meagre contribution tossed in by the Meade for this walking, living legend. I tend to think he won't finish the contest first, purely because during the swimming he'll free an entangled porpoise from a nearby squid net pumping his last breath into its blowhole, whilst when cycling stopping off at every breakdown with his toolkit and refreshments sidecar to repair and energise all fellow competitors. And he'll do it with a big and caring smile on his chops.

You could write a book :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here