Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iñigo Calderón Appreciation Evening

GDC

In A Checked Shirt
Nov 7, 2006
On A Train
Is there a random draw to determine who gets to sit on Calderon's table?

Perhaps we could take a dartboard and play nearest to the bull.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If ever a player deserved this in recent times, Calde is your man

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Christ on a bike, there are plenty of people who don't give a s**t about darts (including many of the players), so I'm sure Calde will cope.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nice idea. Hope it's a huge success.

Ignore those who will have a pop whatever you do, and whenever you do it.

D

Deleted User X18H

The owners of Ginger Pig have kids or kid in my lads class. They are Chelsea fans for some unknown reason.

D

Deleted User X18H

Why clash it with an event the club has marketed heavily?

Why not choose another date so people can do both?

If it was at the centre, no issue.

However going head to head with an event at Falmer that the Albion are pushing seems silly / arrogant.

No you are right. I guess they decided to call it the Brighton and Hove Albion Darts Masters to highlight that it isn't an Albion event

Safe to assume no Knocky on the oche then?

Pringles time . This is heading towards a 'testimonials ' type classic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this going to happen for every player who comes to the end of his career with us. Did it happen for Peter O Sullivan who gave longer service? Ok for those that like to be in the forefront of this kind of adulation but count me out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is this going to happen for every player who comes to the end of his career with us. Did it happen for Peter O Sullivan who gave longer service? Ok for those that like to be in the forefront of this kind of adulation but count me out.
This is not organised by the club, is it ? ??? Just by some fans.

Any fan can organise anything they like for any player. Just because those involved are organising this, doesn't mean they should be expected to organise things for other players in the future, or justify themselves if they don't.

I think this is a great idea, 3pm darts or not[emoji38]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I just think it sets a precedent and becomes expected. I appreciate what he has done for us in the past 5 years being very well paid in the process, but see no reason to hold such an event. My attitude may change if he had been with us for his entire career but like all footballers he has no great allegience to us and is just following the £ as shown by his talking with Southampton who presumably didnt offer as much as us. This is not a knock or slight on Calderon but is relevant to all footballers. They have a very well paid job.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I just think it sets a precedent and becomes expected. I appreciate what he has done for us in the past 5 years being very well paid in the process, but see no reason to hold such an event. My attitude may change if he had been with us for his entire career but like all footballers he has no great allegience to us and is just following the £ as shown by his talking with Southampton who presumably didnt offer as much as us. This is not a knock or slight on Calderon but is relevant to all footballers. They have a very well paid job.

Possibly your worst, most misjudged, post EVER, and that is saying something.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Bloody Hell ! If you don't want to go, don't go but why have a pop at people just trying to organise a fun event ? I am sure there was also a night for Kuipers and Dick Knight. Such a lot of sniping and complicating things for no reason

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is this going to happen for every player who comes to the end of his career with us. Ok for those that like to be in the forefront of this kind of adulation but count me out.

Does 'every player' truly give 100% for the Albion cause, however sporadically they are playing?

Does 'every player' give up hours of their time on a very regular basis, to assist with the club's community programmes?

Does every player go knocking on the charity's door asking what they can help with next, rather than just fulfilling contractual obligations?

Is 'every player' a qualified teacher / sports psychologist who in their own time, delivers lectures to community groups and back-to-work schemes?

Does 'every player' get involved with the National Citizenship Scheme for young people?

Does 'every player' pay very regular visits to the Chestnut Tree House children's hospice?

Does 'every player' run a sponsored triathlon in their summer break to raise money for charity?

Because, if they do, then yes, they truly DO deserve such 'adulation'.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Possibly your worst, most misjudged, post EVER, and that is saying something.
If it upsets some so be it but it is my opinion. He has only been with us for 5 years of his working life as I said had he been a Steven Gerrard or Ryan Giggs 1 club man I may think differently but not for 5 years.

Those that wish to go do so and I hope you all have a good evening but it is not for me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Does 'every player' truly give 100% for the Albion cause, however sporadically they are playing?

Does 'every player' give up hours of their time on a very regular basis, to assist with the club's community programmes?

Does every player go knocking on the charity's door asking what they can help with next, rather than just fulfilling contractual obligations?

Is 'every player' a qualified teacher / sports psychologist who in their own time, delivers lectures to community groups and back-to-work schemes?

Does 'every player' get involved with the National Citizenship Scheme for young people?

Does 'every player' pay very regular visits to the Chestnut Tree House children's hospice?

Does 'every player' run a sponsored triathlon in their summer break to raise money for charity?

Because, if they do, then yes, they truly DO deserve such 'adulation'.

Nailed it there hk. Calderon is thoroughly worthy of this evening

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here