Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Íñigo Calderón - 150 Appearances - Appreciation Thread

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He has the best warm up of any player. My missus waits for Calde's warm up - especially his staccato hip raises, ooh er. Honestly, watch him. Helps that he's bloody wholehearted when he gets on the pitch too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Calde is great asset to the squad, and a fantastic role model to young people (not just footballers). Loved the Bristol City goal, and his determination in getting involved in all sorts of aspects across the community.

Take 3.5 minutes out to enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MKef71IXBI

Last edited:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Yep agree with all the comments, great bloke and love watching him and Buckley playing together on the right side.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks Calde :clap2:

I'm sorely tempted to ask the club if they can add a picture of him outside the ground with the other 'icons'

Might even suggest it's paid for by fans. I've no idea how much it would cost but would anyone be up for a small contribution?

I would.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
calde2.jpg

He's even using this as his Twitter image, which makes me kind of swoon a little.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I'm sorely tempted to ask the club if they can add a picture of him outside the ground with the other 'icons'

Might even suggest it's paid for by fans. I've no idea how much it would cost but would anyone be up for a small contribution?

He's probably my all-time favourite player too.

Definitely this.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

definitely, as long as it was a manageable amount :) I love Calde, easily my favourite player at the club at the moment, really hope he stays with us to the end of his playing career and then can be given a job in the backroom in some capacity.

I felt nothing when I saw Murray playing for Palace - if I had to watch Calde playing for another English club then I would find that pretty hard to take.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I love how hands-on he is in the community (oo-er). Cracking player, although getting vulnerable now against speedy tricksters. But I love him, best Albion right back in my lifetime anyway

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He WILL be up on the Legends Wall in the future. They always have the current manager up there.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Time to bring this matter back up with the club. He is the only Amex years player deserving of a place.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
We spoke to someone in the WS reception about this not so long ago as we noticed 2 had disappeared off the wall (Mayo & Knight). Apparently there's no plans for it to happen as the missing banners were blown down in strong winds and were being mended. Calde certainly deserves a place up there as he's provided us with some great moments in his BHA career.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe

What about a bronze statue?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely loved Calde's strike at Charlton (2:55 in the video) - with hindsight, it was the first sign that the club was going places.

I'll always LOVE Calde.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here