Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Just been and got my Daily Paper The Argus

Plenty to read in there

Tony Bloom Albion can no longer rely so heavly on the generosity of him

Albion braced for another £8m deficit

and Albion agree a £2m fee for ULLOA

It's Tony Bloom's business. His business plan, his loss. We can't buy anymore stuff. We've already bought more season tickets, pies, shirts etc. that anyone could reasonably have expected. Bloom has to keep the Albion going and make a big success of it otherwise he's spunked a lot of money on an otherwise useless stadium.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's Tony Bloom's business. His business plan, his loss. We can't buy anymore stuff. We've already bought more season tickets, pies, shirts etc. that anyone could reasonably have expected. Bloom has to keep the Albion going and make a big success of it otherwise he's spunked a lot of money on an otherwise useless stadium.

Agree that at championship level, we've paid enough as fans. The per fan spend has been big, taking everything into account.

Over to the board now to cut non-playing costs, which are vast, and get a greater share of catering income, and a more well known shirt sponsor.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Also time to inrease season tickets cost imo.

Problem is that it's the season tickets go up substantially, then the risk is many season ticket holders will not renew and worth the increased stadium capacity in mind, will opt for odd games here and there thus reducing overall income.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not surprised by any of this. In many respects an £8mill loss for what we've created in infrastructure and squad is a damn good effort. I see Ulloa as a bonus signing for all the extra unbudgeted for monies the fans have spent.

D

Deleted member 22389

Agree that at championship level, we've paid enough as fans. The per fan spend has been big, taking everything into account.

Over to the board now to cut non-playing costs, which are vast, and get a greater share of catering income, and a more well known shirt sponsor.

I'm also execpting a very big shirt sponsor for next season. I don't care who it is, as long as we get good money for it. If we can get to the Premier League and stay there, the plan would have worked. I can see this club being worth hundreds of millions of pounds a year in Sponsorship Deals, TV Revenue, Merchandise and everything else.

We have everything in place, fantastic season tickets sales, stadium, staff which is something fans of other clubs could only dream of. We just got to hope this gamble pays off. 2 million pounds on a goal scorer is peanuts compared to the revenue that can be generated.

I was never expecting The Amex to sell out in its first season, or this season.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Not sure anyone can refer to CMS as dead wood

ok, well he hasn't lived up to the 2.5M he cost us, if we can sell him I would, I'd much rather give Hoskins and Dobbie a go than keep on starting him, he's had far to many chances where other have missed out, now with Ulloa looking like he's going to join I can't see CMS getting any more chances, his times up.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm also execpting a very big shirt sponsor for next season. I don't care who it is, as long as we get good money for it. If we can get to the Premier League and stay there, the plan would have worked. I can see this club being worth hundreds of millions of pounds a year in Sponsorship Deals, TV Revenue, Merchandise and everything else.

We have everything in place, fantastic season tickets sales, stadium, staff which is something fans of other clubs could only dream of. We just got to hope this gamble pays off. 2 million pounds on a goal scorer is peanuts compared to the revenue that can be generated.

I was never expecting The Amex to sell out in its first season, or this season.

Hundreds of Millions of Pounds a year?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It seems in football terms not too bad, I suspect with Barber now on board with commercial nous this will be reduced and when we crack on to the Premiership everything will be rosy in garden.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Not forgetting the development squad and facilities at Lancing. The discoveries there are meant to be our future by way of unearthing some gems which can also be sold on to balance the books

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I have never seen so many superfluous staffing costs as I have seen so far with the Albion. All these extra back room staff for Gus - have they improved the team? Non-match day stewarding is way OTT, people in hi-vis standing outside an empty stadium pointing out the obvious to the odd car or visitor, 2 receptionists when one would do, too many match day stewards, lots of office staff, stadium often lit at night for no reason, electric bill must be huge. Give me half a day in there and I will save them a fortune.

In addition, an £8m loss is not all it seems. It would not be in Albion's interests to show anything but a big loss in their first year at the Amex. The true picture is likely to be a lot lower.

Aside from this, Bloom is not averse to risk and understands that the ROI if we reach the Prem would be absolutely massive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here