Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Information for those travelling to the Cardiff game by train

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
This has appeared on the Arriva Trains Wales website this morning:

Following discussions with Cardiff City Football Club, the British Transport Police, South Wales Police and the Welsh Assembly Government, there will be no trains calling at or departing from Ninian Park Station for Cardiff City's home fixtures this season.

This will start from 17th August when Cardiff City will play against Brighton. Services will be suspended for 3 hours either side of kick off times and passengers are advised to use Grangetown station instead. Trains will call at all other City Line stations (Waun-Gron Park, Fairwater, Danescourt and Radyr) as per the timetable.

Travel to Grangetown via Cardiff Central is every 12 minutes Monday to Saturday, with the Cardiff City Stadium only being a 10 minute walk from Grangetown along Sloper Road.

This is a pain in the rump for many home fans who travel by train, but not totally unexpected as Ninian Park station has been getting dangerously overcrowded after matches in recent seasons and the trains that run on the relevant line only have two coaches.

It shouldn't prove too much of an inconvenience for any travelling Albion supporters, as Grangetown station is actually a fraction nearer to the away section of the new stadium, which is situated at the Grangetown end of the ground.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheers for this. Due to my arrival time I'll need to cab it from Cardiff central probably.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thankfully I have a lift.

Will no doubt bump into you in the tea queue Herr Tub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here