Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Info for a Charlton fan

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Park in Moulsecoomb mate. 10 minute walk from the stadium. The park & ride queues aren't too bad though. There's some serious misinformation out there on the net about the travel arrangements for The Amex. As you'll see tonight, it's actually all ok and things now run pretty smoothy.

We were talking about this heading away from Forest on Saturday. Roughly the same number of people at the game and it took about an hour to get to the M1 and our driver was a Nottingham native so knew a few short cuts.

Leaving The Amex is nowhere near as bad as visiting fans say it is (especially after they've lost).

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
We were talking about this heading away from Forest on Saturday. Roughly the same number of people at the game and it took about an hour to get to the M1 and our driver was a Nottingham native so knew a few short cuts.

Leaving The Amex is nowhere near as bad as visiting fans say it is (especially after they've lost).

Should have gone up A52 just before you reach Grantham turn off on A1 30mins then head south M11 etc

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Quite. I ended up parking in some godawful council estate in Nottingham, 15-20 minutes walk from the ground. It took me 2 hours to get from J24 of the M1 to the game, and an hour and a half back to the same junction after the final whistle.

I have never, ever been anywhere so bad for traffic & parking as Nottingham: all the match car parks were full by the time I'd finally got close to the ground, while the local pay & display wanted £24 for anything over 2 hours, presumably to discourage football users.

If I ever hear a Nottingham fan complaining about the arrangements at the Amex, I will probably slap them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As a result of people going to the match parking there, there has had to be a consultation for a voucher parking scheme for residents.

The club has had to pay for the consultation, plus any scheme which may run.

I have a friend who lives in Moulsecoomb. The cars that were parked in her road on a match day were left in such a way that neither a fire engine nor an ambulance could get through. She politely asked someone who was parking not to leave their car there and got a short retort back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Please DO NOT park in Coldean or Moulsecoomb. It costs the Albion a fortune.
:facepalm: Next time away fans come here tell them not to park there because it's not allowed, so the residents that don't like it tend to smash up the cars that do. Why would an away fan care if it costs us a fortune?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I use the Lewes station option but it costs £5.50 to park there; on one occasion all match tickets being checked very throrough too, but bit cold for that tonight...Race Course park and ride is very good...never fills up if you are running late...you need to pre-book to park at ground,hope that helps...

It's free after 6 everywhere except the station, you may have to walk for 5 minutes though

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Funny how you can generally get away with parking in the Moulscoomb sink estate without too much aggro but in the slightly more upmarket area of Coldean, where people generally work for a living, it is a heinous crime?! I recall at Withdean, which is one of the most well heeled areas of Brighton, parking around there was akin to personally assaulting the residents and killing their grandmothers, I am intrigued by the connection between the overall affluence of an area and its attitude to parking. I'm surprised that there haven't been burning effigys of the Amex and rook scarers thrown at Albion fans by the residents of Lewes given the amount of parking in Lewes we must take up on match day.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm surprised that there haven't been burning effigys of the Amex and rook scarers thrown at Albion fans by the residents of Lewes given the amount of parking in Lewes we must take up on match day.

And Lewes does have a little history with burning effigys and rook scarers ............................................. and six fingers :angel:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Odd. I had no issues with traffic in Nottingham at all (used to live there too). Parked 10 mins from ground and got to m1 in 20 (through the city centre and up castle boulevard).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here