Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inflation

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
given the genuinly international dimension of borrowing and saving now, i think we should start to think that this is the new normal. money flows need to flow somewhere, theres an awful lot of surplus cash around (yes, even in the UK after a recession), so credit is cheap.

I can see that but where is this surplus cash ? Clearly not with banks as they will not lend or are they holding on to it to load their balance sheets....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
given the genuinly international dimension of borrowing and saving now, i think we should start to think that this is the new normal. money flows need to flow somewhere, theres an awful lot of surplus cash around (yes, even in the UK after a recession), so credit is cheap.

Surplus cash? I thought money was being parked these days.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...Clearly not with banks as they will not lend or are they holding on to it to load their balance sheets....

yep. or to be more precise they are being told they must, to make them more resilient to future "shock". legislators are at the same time telling banks to lend and to hold more cash. hmmm.

but also companies (collectivly) are sitting on large cash piles and consider internationally banks havent necessarily been troubled.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
but also companies (collectivly) are sitting on large cash piles and consider internationally banks havent necessarily been troubled.

That is perfectly true as one company I know has moved €450m positive during this recession

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Although bank interest rate will rise it will be gradual and in small increments. Won't hit the 5% level for many years.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In this event, low inflation seems to be a bad indicator. Prices are clearly falling, which I think may indicate a slow in demand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here