Indonesia to go ahead with execution of 6 "convicted " drug smugglers within 24 hrs.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

good or bad..?

• good

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • bad

Votes: 61 68.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
but where do you stop with your theory,let all rapists go,just in case the DNA has a 0.0001 per cent chance of being wrong?

Good grief, you do realise there is a middle ground between letting someone go and killing them ? It's called prison.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If it's good enough for the state of Utah, that ends all discussion.

Im not saying its a good thing. Im saying the method isnt unique. I believe they have moved to this following EU countries refusing to supply the drugs for the death by injection to the USA, and after they tried some other cocktail that left somebody dying for over an hour. Im against the death penalty. I dont think it is a deterrent, proven by the amount of people on death rows around the world. In this case the two Australians, who werent doing this out of poverty, tried heroin smuggling through a country they knew had the death penalty. What can you say really. Thankfully, the unfortunately named woman, who genuinly seems to have been set up has got a stay

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Im not saying its a good thing. Im saying the method isnt unique. I believe they have moved to this following EU countries refusing to supply the drugs for the death by injection to the USA, and after they tried some other cocktail that left somebody dying for over an hour. Im against the death penalty. I dont think it is a deterrent, proven by the amount of people on death rows around the world. In this case the two Australians, who werent doing this out of poverty, tried heroin smuggling through a country they knew had the death penalty. What can you say really. Thankfully, the unfortunately named woman, who genuinly seems to have been set up has got a stay

Apologies for the tone of that post. It was unnecessarily rude.

We'll have to disagree on the question of sympathy here, for all of the executed men. Also on whether the deterrent aspect of the death penalty is particularly relevant in assessing it in moral terms. As you say, at least the woman got a temporary reprieve.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You're assuming they are all guilty ..... given the authorities are even refusing to delay the executions while new evidence is present in some of the cases, I have serious doubts that the system there isn't corrupt.

The death sentence is nothing short of murder and barbaric. There's not a legal system in the world I would trust enough to convict 100% correctly all the time and so, as murdering a prisoner can't be reversed, it's a big fat 'bad' and 'corruption' from me.

Sums up my thoughts entirely top post.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Drug Dealers shot by firing squad.

Normally that would have been great to watch but was you happy these chaps had a fair trial out in a third world country. I mean the law and stuff is pretty complicated so did they really know what they was doing, the Judge and that I mean.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
This is one of those Grey area matters. On one side you'll have the people who believe if you take the risk with smuggling drugs. You already know the risks and got caught. Justice served.
On the other side. You have the people who would want to see them free. Regardless of the crime. Personally I only know what I've read in snippets.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Just out of interest why smuggle 10kg of heroin into Indonesia, it's hardly a cash rich country full of bankers and celebrities?

Is it a halfway house before going off somewhere more profitable?
Or is the entire country populated by Zammo McGuire and his off-spring?

they were picked up at the airport en route back to australia.......the feds could have allowed them to board the plane and nabbed them back in oz but handed them up to the indonesian authorities.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Fair enough, no big deal, just deserts.
No smoke without fire as they say.
Let's plant the SNP, Green Party, and Labour leaders with vast consignments of crack cocaine, say at least one ton each and that would wipe the smug smiles off their faces of the mad unelected crankie from jockieville, the gormless gurner from the asylum and the trembling non-elected aussie from the outback who should be evicted back to her homeland and made to pay for her return ticket.
Why is she here and what positive role does she play ?

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
they were picked up at the airport en route back to australia.......the feds could have allowed them to board the plane and nabbed them back in oz but handed them up to the indonesian authorities.

I was listening to an ex-AFP officer on the radio yesterday.
He said that it was extremely sus that they (AFP) didn't proceed with a "controlled delivery", ie follow the the trail back to Australia and catch the Mr Bigs higher up the food chain.
His theory was that this was a "thank you" tip-off from the AFP to the Indonesian police for their help in tracking down the 2002 Bali Bombers who killed 88 Australians amongst a death toll of 202.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What of course is hardly mentioned now is that these two Aussies were the ring leaders. They were happy to trade off the misery of others to line their own pockets. There's another 7 Aussies still in jail who these two pieces of crap went out and recruited to do the mule work knowing the penalties those people would face if they were caught.

They got what they deserved.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tyrone, how very compassionate of you. No doubt you would extend the same sentiments towards the framed woman who would have been killed too had it not been for basically a miracle at the last minute. Still justice is a dish best served cold. You carry on with your blood letting!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Tyrone, how very compassionate of you. No doubt you would extend the same sentiments towards the framed woman who would have been killed too had it not been for basically a miracle at the last minute. Still justice is a dish best served cold. You carry on with your blood letting!

Why should I show compassion for people happy to profit off other people's misery?

They had no issues with the shit they were carrying causing untold damage to others lives.

If you hand out compasion to any piece of crap scumbag regardless of what they have done then more fool you.

They werent framed, they were guilty.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why should I show compassion for people happy to profit off other people's misery?

They had no issues with the shit they were carrying causing untold damage to others lives.

If you hand out compasion to any piece of crap scumbag regardless of what they have done then more fool you.

Get some anger management! End of a bad day down under? Go to the pub at least!! Or listen to the mother pleading for her son's life. "Don't kill him, don't kill him please..."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Just a couple of technicalities: lots of people enjoy drugs especially in western countries, including Australia where they were taking them. Alcohol is a drug so the hypocrisy is always close to hand in this instances. The woman increasingly looks framed, so how do you know others might not have been? Will this stop the drugs trade in your black or white opinion?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I note you don't mention the young woman who was saved at the last minute - I'd imagine you haven't even thought about her two young children that had already said goodbye to their mum - aged about 6 and 8. Or indeed the man Indonesia murdered that was mentally ill - which is even against their own law.

And I would imagine you would be crying like a baby if it were you that was about to be shot after being framed ( like the woman was ).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Get some anger management! End of a bad day down under? Go to the pub at least!! Or listen to the mother pleading for her son's life. "Don't kill him, don't kill him please..."

Sorry?

You see the thing with words on a screen is that if you read anger into something, that's your mindset, not mine. I'm not angry in the slightest.

So we need to listen to his mother crying dont kill him?

What about all the mothers we dont hear crying please don't sell my child those god awful drugs? Would you listen to them? And what would you do about their tears?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports