Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, but I think they're more Converse.

Ha. I should have burned you an indiepop CD - we need the 3 goal win.

Soundtrack for the drive down shall be Sonic Flower Groove, which I bought on CD for £3 this week, replacing a long lost tape. The kids will love it....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Soundtrack for the drive down shall be Sonic Flower Groove, which I bought on CD for £3 this week, replacing a long lost tape. The kids will love it....

How did that link get itself there? Sneaky amazon buggers!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

I'm considering a fairly general mixtape, possibly a bands-with-a-Sussex-connection one. As usual, I will be playing Waiting For The 7:18, the aim being to get to the Let's Drive To Brighton On The Weekend bit (which, I'm ashamed to admit, always brings a tear to my eye) as we pass through the city pillars on the A23. The sun will be shining.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Blimey, even we beat Blackpool this season.

How did the Shrews get on today? Even my Playlist in the car went pear-shaped - too many Dum Dum Girls songs in a row, my wife forwarded over Ivor Cutler. HKFC will be thrilled to know that Friday I'm In Love featured though.

Flex Your Head

Very pleasant indeed. I have no Davigdor Road anecdotes, although I used to cross it to take my son to nursery. Doesn't really compete with your reminiscences Murray...

Not many things can beat taking your littl'un to nursery to be fair - I last did it 16 years ago and will be doing it again in 2.

This was one of the songs on the b-side. Also very pleasant.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Not many things can beat taking your littl'un to nursery to be fair - I last did it 16 years ago and will be doing it again in 2.

This was one of the songs on the b-side. Also very pleasant.

Sounds like New Order crossed with The Orchids, with a not very sophisticated drum machine, but endearing nonetheless. Unlike Guernsey, where I am currently corporately holed up. Back tomorrow. Duty free very good at Guernsey airport, plus excellent selection of as new releases on Creation, Sarah, Caff, K and 53rd and 3rd. No, that last bit was probably made up or part of a weird dream. You get bored on a small island......

Flex Your Head

Sounds like New Order crossed with The Orchids, with a not very sophisticated drum machine, but endearing nonetheless. Unlike Guernsey, where I am currently corporately holed up. Back tomorrow. Duty free very good at Guernsey airport, plus excellent selection of as new releases on Creation, Sarah, Caff, K and 53rd and 3rd. No, that last bit was probably made up or part of a weird dream. You get bored on a small island......
I agree wholeheartedly with the comparison, especially the drum machine bit. Mind you, it was 1986.
I have regularly dreamed about finding a massive batch of vinyl rarities at a bootsale or something... found a few bits over the years, but nothing to retire on, sadly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stumbled across this site, this morning. Wall prints for 80s Indie kids. Some are great. I like the more cryptic ones.

If I had any control whatsoever over what goes on the walls of my house, I'd have a couple of these in my Xmas stocking.

https://www.etsy.com/ch-en/listing/...s-wall-art?ref=shop_home_active_14&ulsfg=true

il_570xN.584242127_h126.jpg

il_570xN.657681935_trw3.jpg

il_570xN.619596384_7x4x.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Haven't played this song for ages. One of my wife's favourites.

Your wife has tremendous taste.

My own wife's is MIXED.

I'm thinking that I could probably get away with the New Order one, as she might just think it was sweet, and completely ignore / miss the reference. I could put it over our bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here