Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now I'm older and earn more, I've upgraded to a Gloverall duffle. Living the dream. Re the DVD: I'll stick it on my Lovefilm list. My wife wouldn't let me put the poster up anyway.

No, posters have to be in frames these days. And even then only in the rarely frequented wings of the house where only I go.

I don't own a duffel coat, but I do have a £300 All Saints parka, that I bought for £30 in TK Maxx in DUNDEE. Its one of my most prized possessions.

Another was my 8ft high Smiths / Salford Boys Club poster, purchased from one of those stalls at the Student union on my first week at Uni, and proudly displayed in each of my student, and immediate-post-student abodes, until it was deemed inappropriate for our first grown-up residence.

:down:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I don't own a duffel coat, but I do have a £300 All Saints parka, that I bought for £30 in TK Maxx in DUNDEE. Its one of my most prized possessions.

Another was my 8ft high Smiths / Salford Boys Club poster, purchased from one of those stalls at the Student union on my first week at Uni, and proudly displayed in each of my student, and immediate-post-student abodes, until it was deemed inappropriate for our first grown-up residence.

:down:

I had a massive Psychocandy poster all the way through my student years. Fell to bits.

I once had a Birdland (the band) poster on my wall...:blush:

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
tumblr_nuqkdk8z7d1ug33cbo1_128x0.jpg

1992. Name that poster

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had a massive Psychocandy poster all the way through my student years. Fell to bits.

Not that one, but I did also have a huge black and white Boys Don't Cry one - just Bob stood facing away, dressed all in black (obviously) but with white boots on.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Now I'm older and earn more, I've upgraded to a Gloverall duffle. Living the dream. Re the DVD: I'll stick it on my Lovefilm list. My wife wouldn't let me put the poster up anyway.

you need a shed

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm quite unnecessarily concerned, by the apparent lack of any order or organisation, though.

#OCD

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Yes, this is the top layer of one of four boxes from the garage. I suppose I should have put them in order and catalogued them when we moved house. I did with all the records and cds, just for insurance purposes you understand :blush:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Have you converted them to MP3? If not, that would be step 1. Step 2, as HKFC suggests, is to put them in the loft, and get them out when you have kindred spirits as guests in your house and you've had a few drinks. If only we didn't all live hundreds of miles apart, we could have a big get-together and spend hours and hours flicking through each other's record collections. Mind you, I would insist on white gloves being worn for some of them. Maybe when we all retire back to the old home town, it may be possible (Staly would have to take a couple of days holiday, I think - I'm not sure he'll be retiring to Britain's premier city by the sea).

http://www.amazon.com/Arrela-Portab...=sr_1_18?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1446811883&sr=1-18

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Have you converted them to MP3? If not, that would be step 1. Step 2, as HKFC suggests, is to put them in the loft, and get them out when you have kindred spirits as guests in your house and you've had a few drinks. If only we didn't all live hundreds of miles apart, we could have a big get-together and spend hours and hours flicking through each other's record collections. Mind you, I would insist on white gloves being worn for some of them. Maybe when we all retire back to the old home town, it may be possible (Staly would have to take a couple of days holiday, I think - I'm not sure he'll be retiring to Britain's premier city by the sea).

http://www.amazon.com/Arrela-Portab...=sr_1_18?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1446811883&sr=1-18

I've actually got one of these: http://www.juno.co.uk/products/ikey-plus-portable-usb-recording-device-can/324905-01/. Plugs straight into the stereo and will record straight to WAV, which means I can convert to flac and keep recordings lossless. I'm a nerd like that. But I'm working my way through records at the moment, it'll take years before I get to cassettes.

I've got friends in Hove, so you never know.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I've actually got one of these: http://www.juno.co.uk/products/ikey-plus-portable-usb-recording-device-can/324905-01/. Plugs straight into the stereo and will record straight to WAV, which means I can convert to flac and keep recordings lossless. I'm a nerd like that. But I'm working my way through records at the moment, it'll take years before I get to cassettes.

I've got friends in Hove, so you never know.

I like that Juno product. Bit pricey though. My cassettes tend to be fairly weak albums, so I'm not sure if I want to throw that much cash at them. Maybe we should pencil in Hove 2030 for the get-together - venue to be decided, hopefully be able to do it at my pad in Montpelier Villas.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I like that Juno product. Bit pricey though.

I like it. Just use it like I would have used a tape deck in t'old days. It's quite temperamental though, and I don't think they make them any more.

We could always provide a photographic tour through our record collections. Here we are, any one else got this? I was listening to it last night:

tumblr_nwx98kEzSX1ug4mdbo1_540.jpg

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I like it. Just use it like I would have used a tape deck in t'old days. It's quite temperamental though, and I don't think they make them any more.

We could always provide a photographic tour through our record collections. Here we are, any one else got this? I was listening to it last night:

No - not got anything by Suicide, although I have this:

R-3911359-1348951600-5211.jpeg.jpg

I do have a well-worn copy of Morningrise though, which I can see peeping out in your picture, begging to be played. There were times when to play "She Calls" at extreme volume was the closest thing a human being could get to pure unalloyed joy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here