Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Flex Your Head

Thinking also about a Felt lyrics quiz, and an a side/b side quiz, although that could be quite difficult. Suggestions welcome for themes...

I'm sure you could do something with this:

What's the connection with these songs? And there are loads more, so you can have plenty. It might not just be an indie thing, but I think it probably is:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm sure you could do something with this:

What's the connection with these songs? And there are loads more, so you can have plenty. It might not just be an indie thing, but I think it probably is:

Good one! Guessed that one before I played them. you could add Eighties Fan as well. Too tricky without the audio to all but the diehard music fan, surely?

Flex Your Head

Good one! Guessed that one before I played them. you could add Eighties Fan as well. Too tricky without the audio to all but the diehard music fan, surely?

Hmmm, tricky. Maybe list the bands and 'contestants' have to type in the name of the band's 'Be My Baby Drumbeat' song.

Alternatively, maybe not.

Flex Your Head

Speaking of C86:

Creation.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Famous Brighton footballers you say? Can you have a quiz with no answers?

Ah - you see it 'famous footballers who played about 3 games for Brighton at the end of their career', rather than people who 'famously played for Brighton'. The likes of Frank Worthington, Frank Stapleton and Joe Corrigan. Even Shrews fans have heard of THEM :wink:

Flex Your Head

But while you're here, I found an old Prolapse compilation which I made for myself a few years ago today. It's singles and b sides and stuff. It's very good. Do you want a copy?

Yes please, I'd bloody love a copy. Much appreciated, cheers.

Apropos of nothing, I have developed a crush on Judith Durham. So much so that I bought the 4 CD box-set of The Seekers early years.

I reckon that got played at least a couple of times down The Sunshine Playroom, so I can just about justify posting it on the thread.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Yes please, I'd bloody love a copy. Much appreciated, cheers.

Apropos of nothing, I have developed a crush on Judith Durham. So much so that I bought the 4 CD box-set of The Seekers early years.

I reckon that got played at least a couple of times down The Sunshine Playroom, so I can just about justify posting it on the thread.

OK, pm me your address (although I think I've still got your work address from the Cat's Miaow exchange).

My parents' meagre record collection included a Seekers album, so the first versions I heard of several classics were theirs- including Turn Turn Turn, California Dreamin' and Georgy Girl. And I did used to be obsessed with the picture of Judith on the cover in a 6 year old boy sort of way (ahem...)

Flex Your Head

OK, pm me your address (although I think I've still got your work address from the Cat's Miaow exchange).

My parents' meagre record collection included a Seekers album, so the first versions I heard of several classics were theirs- including Turn Turn Turn, California Dreamin' and Georgy Girl. And I did used to be obsessed with the picture of Judith on the cover in a 6 year old boy sort of way (ahem...)

My parents had the same record. And lots of James Last.

I'll PM my address as I've moved offices since then - thanks again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is pretty... pretty. Right up your strasse [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]?

Sorry Murray. Just seen this. It's a yes from me, of course. New album out soon, surely. Supposedly 'new year'.

The Just Like Honey cover is a bit too twee even for ME!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here