Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Indiana Jones 5

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Loved the original 3, watched many times in my youth, but the crystal skull one was trash & assume this will be too...
At least this one won’t have the insufferable Shia LaBoeuf in it, who seemed to be on a one man mission to annoy me as much as possible in that movie.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Can't be any more disappointing than 'The Crystal Skull' .... can it?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like they've nailed the de-ageing technique for this one. Hoping it's good.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Looking forward to it - even if Ford is getting on a bit. Raiders is my all time fav film, so any Indiana Jones movie is alright by me.
The de-aging process for the opening throwback scenes looks well done - but the CGI of him on the horse riding through NY (?) looks a bit dodgy. Shame hes not up to doing his own horse riding stunts like he used to - but completely understandable.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The first three were superb. Happy memories of seeing them at the cinema. But Indy is a pure action hero and it just doesn’t work with him as an old man. Crystal Skull was bad for all sorts of reasons.

But this is now a Disney asset so they will undoubtedly flog it to death.

That being said, a stunt diver I got talking to at a party worked on it and said the feeling on set was that it’s going to be magnificent. But that doesn’t always translate into a good finished product.

I’ll go and see it. But my expectations are rock bottom.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
But this is now a Disney asset so they will undoubtedly flog it to death.
Im not so sure, as HF has said it is definitely his last outing...and while there have been rumours of a Young Indy series, Im not sure they will try it after previous attempts fell a bit flat. Just doesn't work as well without Ford as the main man.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Harrison Ford even at 80 gets punched better than any other actor.

Over years and years of method acting, his face on the end of a well swung fist is still pure genius at work. His fight scene with Ryan Gosling in Blade Runner 2049 was special, very special. Doesn't matter how old the face is if it can carry on getting punched like that.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Im not so sure, as HF has said it is definitely his last outing...and while there have been rumours of a Young Indy series, Im not sure they will try it after previous attempts fell a bit flat. Just doesn't work as well without Ford as the main man.
I agree 💯
However, it looks like they may be setting it up to have PW Bridges as a successor?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not seen any of the old (or new) ones actually but might take this opportunity to do that.

Harrison Ford has looked like 60 for about 40 years now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here