Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Independent Football Ombudsman rules on Albion fan ban and loyalty points deduction

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Impossible to prove ?
Quite possibly. But given a lot of weight was given to whether he read a poorly worded generic email then putting extra doubt would have been consistent with the aproach taken

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Tend to agree but the fact remains the son was willing to take the punishment but the father decided he would take the sanction and then has complained about it. The fact that he would gain LPs for this incident probably opened the door for him to be considered for the sanction although the son remains by a long way more culpable.
Im not sure (unless Ive missed it) that this was the case. The father's response was vague and equivocal so not sure he took a position one way or another (however as I say I may have missed it)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I’ve got a pal who has a pair of Arsenal STs that he’s had for 30 years or more - but he hasn’t been to a single game for more than 10 years (ironically he’s now got Albion STs for him and his son). He effectively sublets them to someone else.
That's not right either though is it? Blocking season tickets for others.

I get why certain rules are applied, with good intentions. Its the Stasi approach to the rules and pathological refusal to admit errors of judgement that let them down so badly.

They need an emotional intelligence course. I knew of someone that took that route and he's never looked back.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A mate of mine has two Arsenal season tickets. He disposes of his second via a well established network. He's been doing this for more than 10 years.

I can't even get my own ST to update on my phone now, since the FA cup debacle. Mrs T has to go online to fix it.

I'm normally a complete BHA fan boy, but they have dropped a bollock on this occasion. Or are we missing something? Do these people have 'previous' perhaps? Were they rude and whatnot when caught?

A similar story. Friends of a mate bought some Emirates ST’s when it opened, blokes who’d got into Arsenal in their 30’s. One a tw@t, I’ve met him, lives near us and born in this city, hates the Albion. WTF. They share them amongst themselves or sell for a big profit.

A funny anecdote. Arsenal thought they were going to win the title by the time of their last fixture at home to Wolves. An afternoon of wild celebrations, their destiny. So a black market has driven passed on ticket prices to eye watering sums.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I get why certain rules are applied, with good intentions. Its the Stasi approach to the rules and pathological refusal to admit errors of judgement that let them down so badly.

They need an emotional intelligence course. I knew of someone that took that route and he's never looked back.....
Absolutely not right

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes there is, they gain airmile or clubcard points or whatever scheme the credit card operates to incentivise people to use ita product and reward loyalty/priority
But their earning of those points does not have such a significant effect on others as it does in the Albion’s LP scheme. And buying a bit more stuff on a credit card makes a negligible difference to points balances.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
But their earning of those points does not have such a significant effect on others as it does in the Albion’s LP scheme. And buying a bit more stuff on a credit card makes a negligible difference to points balances.
You said there was no benefit. Ive just proven there is. At the end of the day you have linked this to principles and so am i. If you want to add relative value then fine but value is subjective. Value is cumulative, if you go from not affording a free flight to getting over the threshold to get that even by a small amount then the impact is probably more significant to british airways of avios

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Pointless discussion with some folk, you'll have lost them at 'understanding'
I would love to know the foundation for that superiority complex of yours. On thread after thread you dish out abuse and I have yet to see much meaningful engagement with people with whom you disagree. I hope you reserve this behaviour for the internet where it doesn’t matter too much.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You said there was no benefit. Ive just proven there is. At the end of the day you have linked this to principles and so am i. If you want to add relative value then fine but value is subjective. Value is cumulative, if you go from not affording a free flight to getting over the threshold to get that even by a small amount then the impact is probably more significant to british airways of avios
I used ‘no benefit’ as short hand for very little relative benefit. Sorry, I’m not a lawyer but that’s my meaning, just to clarify. There is also an away match every fortnight so this will arise a lot more than in the schemes you are talking about.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Really weird comment. The rules were broken, deliberately, so a punishment has been administered as per those rules. Where is the error of judgement?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I would love to know the foundation for that superiority complex of yours. On thread after thread you dish out abuse and I have yet to see much meaningful engagement with people with whom you disagree. I hope you reserve this behaviour for the internet where it doesn’t matter too much.
How do you define "meaningful engagment"? We all get what we look for from these conversations.
Have you ever changed your mind about something based on a conversation on here?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Really weird comment. The rules were broken, deliberately, so a punishment has been administered as per those rules. Where is the error of judgement?
I also find the use of “needs emotional intelligence course” a bit flippant. You don’t just attend a course!!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Despite somewhat belligerently maintaining the stance that they’d done nothing wrong, the club have nonetheless, through their subsequent behaviour, conceded that things could perhaps have been done better.

Case in point.

A DULLARD bought my Arse away ticket for me. I have just received an email from the club telling me:

1. I have a ticket for Arse away.
2. “If you did not purchase a ticket for this match or were unaware that a ticket had been purchased in your name please contact Supporter Services as soon as possible.”

This is new.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
How times have changed in PL. Reading some of this thread the word punishment doesnt sit easy with somebody that just wants to support Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here