Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Incident in Nice, France

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The ones brainwashing sometimes have a few quid. Bin Laden, for instance, wasn't skint. What's his excuse?

There are evil people unfortunately in every facet of humanity. Fortunately their numbers are few, but when they have wealth and power they can brainwash followers and even entire countries to their cause.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
...innocent victims of a religious attack.

Oh dear. Islam at fault*. Ban Islam, then. Anyone found practicing it should be repatriated to, er, wherever their parents or, er, grandparents came from. Bloody forrigners!

People who do this shit are wrong in the head by definition. Islam just gives them a narrative to channel their madness.

And I say that as someone with no time for any religion, because believeing in things that can never be proven, to the point of believing they have been proven is a denial of human intellect, whether the religion be carey sharey Methodism, raving sectarian protestantism, hypocritical pragmatic child-molesing Catholism, or Islam (whether 'mainstream' or the 'lets kill all the Kafirs' variety).

RIP the victim if this latest outrage.

*And no doubt you'll now say you never said that......<sigh>

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was probably what he wanted. Matyrdom, paradise, virgins etc. It's all part of the brainwashing process. Much better to deny him that and shove him in the worst prison in the country, for life, in with the nonces.

My guess is if he'd lived (I am assuming he's dead now) he'd be on chlorpromazine for the rest of his life.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where did I say this 'H'?

:facepalm:

Sometimes I'm not sure whether you struggle to follow a narrative, are taking the piss, or simply just don't care what you say, or think much about what you read. :shrug:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
There are evil people unfortunately in every facet of humanity. Fortunately their numbers are few, but when they have wealth and power they can brainwash followers and even entire countries to their cause.

This is the point isn't it. And those people with wealth and power can manipulate those who feel irrationally (or rationally) feel alienated and disenfranchised. I won't be surprised if there are host of Kurdish terrorists who hate the West in years to come. After all, there is a narrative there - 'we fought on the side of the West when they wanted us and when they got what they wanted, they left us to the mercy of the Turks and the Syrians.' It would be a narrative that people seeking power could sell to angry, hungry and displaced people.

We keep talking about stopping immigrants crossing the channel. They don't want to cross that channel. But we do nothing to solve the problem at source. It's distant from us.

And so the seeds of fundamentalism ferment.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
People who do this shit are wrong in the head by definition. Islam just gives them a narrative to channel their madness.

These folk 'wrong in the head' as is so eloquently described. Is it a chicken & egg scenario, where they are groomed from scratch or is it the influence of the specific religion nurtures such already innate tendencies?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I couldn’t agree more. It’s terrifying. I’m against all religion, because it’s all made up fairy tales for gullible folk, but I’m particularly fearful of Islam as it seems to provide a justification for some of its gullible followers to do this. If that makes me Islamophobic (in the literal sense of “phobia” meaning “fear of” something), so be it. Indeed I’m proud to be Islamophobic in that sense.

Islam is the JCL of the belligerent religions - Christian Soldiers have been marching onward to war for centuries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You must be disappointed that it took a couple of pages, but

Just ban ALL Muslims and be done with it. Sickos, the lot of them. RIP to the victims.

Bullseye !

BUNDLE

original.jpg

:rolleyes:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Islam is the JCL of the belligerent religions - Christian Soldiers have been marching onward to war for centuries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

True enough, but I still find contemporary Islamic enthusiasts rather more scary than their Christian counterparts. Their belief systems may be equally bonkers, but these days you’re generally less likely to be blown up or have your head lopped off by a Jesus freak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here