Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Incident In Glasgow

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I am not trying to push this into the Bear Pit.... but media this morning are saying the attacker was an asylum seeker , unhappy with the conditions in which he was kept.
I would have thought it must have been better than where he came from.....surely.

Times reporting that he had complained in recent days of essentially starving and making threats to staff because they were serving things like spaghetti hoops and macaroni cheese on a daily basis, which was outside what his culture allowed him to eat. They’d had their monetary allowance taken away so couldn’t go out to buy anything.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Amazing isn’t it, three people die and it’s major news 150 odd died of covid today and we just raise an eyebrow.

Joseph Stalin once said "one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic". Old Uncle Joe didn't have many redeeming qualities but this was at least true, people can process lower numbers of deaths a lot easier by and large. Everyone can name three people they know, but I bet pretty much everyone would struggle to name 150 off the bat. Therefore people relate more to the 3 than the 150, and the media understands that and reacts accordingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here