Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incey's wonder strike

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
not only can I not remember a better strike from an albion player, it's refreshing to see a real counter attacking goal with pin point passing that goes for the jugular, not sure team would have been given freedom to score that with previous 2 managers.

Dec 29, 2011
I bet Colunga wasn't expecting a finish like that. He probably thought "I'll float it into this big guy running forward, I wonder what we can do with it.... HOLY SHIT"

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It often seems to be players who seldom score that land those ones. Nine times out of ten that would have landed in the next county. Let's hope he has another one in pending reserve.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I remember Dean Cox getting sent off for a second yellow (first yellow for removing his shirt) on his debut for us. The rule is an ass!

Away at Rotherham? I don't think he took his shirt off - I think it was for diving into the crowd to celebrate?

Aug 4, 2011
Great goal. Good performance by him recently. Admitidly didn't contribute to much after the goal but almost scored at Leeds and seems to have got more confident. Lewis dunk... What a performance last night and so far this season been brilliant

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I remember Dean Cox getting sent off for a second yellow (first yellow for removing his shirt) on his debut for us. The rule is an ass!

The rule maybe an ass, but you can't plead ignorance..................................unless you play footballer that is.

He scored vs Port Vale away in the FA cup last season. Your right about him not scoring a better one it's the best volley by an Albion players since Zamora's strike against Halifax.

....Bridcutt v Carlisle - "...it's the stuff of Champions, it's the stuff of dreams" - Johnny Cantor's (was it him?) "..they think it's all over.." moment.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
....Bridcutt v Carlisle - "...it's the stuff of Champions, it's the stuff of dreams" - Johnny Cantor's (was it him?) "..they think it's all over.." moment.

Ince's was a better goal, but Bridcutt's was the more meaningful.

Watching it again it's one of the all-time great Albion goals, it's given the 600 or so travelling fans a 'I was there moment'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Eh? If you had just scored that goal i bet in the moment you would have done something like that....brain would have kicked in later ..

1. The ruling is an ass but nonetheless, still a ruling that everyone knows. The referee should be able to show discretion and book only if it incites a crowd (like with any other celebration; Adebayor springs to mind!!).

2. Why is removing your shirt considered a spontaneous reaction to scoring a goal. It is a reasonably modern phenomena. Sprinting away with a sudden boost of adrenlin, doing a somersault, even sliding along on your knees and screaming, but taking your shirt off doesn't make sense!

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010

Every time I hear/read that quote it really grinds my gears. It should definitely be the other way round.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I thought you were not allowed to take your shirt off because of the sponsors? The camera goes to the player after scoring and that is when the sponsor wants the viewers to see the front of the shirt.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I thought you were not allowed to take your shirt off because of the sponsors? The camera goes to the player after scoring and that is when the sponsor wants the viewers to see the front of the shirt.

They don't have shirt sponsors in international games and the rule still applies there :shrug:

Steve Claridge liked Incey's goal on the FLCS :moo:

I know he's achieved total all-time loser status on here (deservedly, he's also now failed at Swindon), but I thought Harley's free kick against the Posh was even more amazing than Ince's strike

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I may be mistaken but I believe the ball out of defence which O'Grady knocks on to Colunga came from Ince.
If I'm correct then that's swung it for me.
Best BHAFC goal ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here