Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince going to the Prem?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I've got a great idea !!!
Let's continue sell all our best players, buy and loan in utter shite and then blabber on about " a must be a top six finish next season "
I'm applying for the Albion Chairmans job, this is a piece of piss girls and boys.

You are aware that this is purely paper talk at this point and there may well be no truth in it whatsoever, yes?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
No idea if he'll be any good in the Prem or not. Only way of finding out is if he plays there so can't really blame him if clubs interested.

Who'd have thought Barnes would be the most successful player from our squad of a couple of years ago?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've got a great idea !!!
Let's continue sell all our best players, buy and loan in utter shite and then blabber on about " a must be a top six finish next season "
I'm applying for the Albion Chairmans job, this is a piece of piss girls and boys.

What we should be worrying about is if there is no speculation about our players from Prem League clubs, no scouts looking at our midfielders, no managers sniffing around, no paper talk about Lewis Dunk or Rohan Ince or Christian Walton or Berma Kayal, no mentions on twitter gossiping about x and y to Spurs and West Ham and Liverpool.

All of the above is thankfully a sign that the club has a 1 or 2 or 3 great prospects playing out of the skin which you'd think everyone on this board would be happy about.

Yet the first sign of any interest. (scouts watch hundreds of games a week across the UK by the way) and its "they'll be off" in the next window, the club is going to sell x or y to the club who make the first offer. They don't need to. (TB's investment means we're not short of funds). The club have gone out of their way to protect their investments by giving new contracts in the last few months to March, Ince, Walton, Lua Lua, and JFC. And most of this gossip. Is just that. gossip.

And like it or not. Every club is a selling club. And when there's no choice (the player wants to leave) we normally negotiate a very very good price. (thats Paul Barber who does that by the way) . ..Ask Sunderland about the value they've got out of Buckley and Bridcutt...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'd be amazed if he could cut it in the Premier. At a pinch maybe if was sat right in front of the back four of a struggling team but that's all he'd be allowed to do. I cannot see a decent club letting him have the ball too much. Bridcutt was supposed to be the breaker up of play and then the one to move it on and he hasn't been able to do that has he ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'd be amazed if he could cut it in the Premier. At a pinch maybe if was sat right in front of the back four of a struggling team but that's all he'd be allowed to do. I cannot see a decent club letting him have the ball too much. Bridcutt was supposed to be the breaker up of play and then the one to move it on and he hasn't been able to do that has he ?

true
though Barnes who a lot on here though was rubbish seems to be cutting it quite well

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
true
though Barnes who a lot on here though was rubbish seems to be cutting it quite well

Barnes has done well but that's it with him now. I'm not belittling a striker who scores 8 in the Premier - he has surprised me - but the report mentioning Ince going to a top team........ No way.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I hope he looks at Liam Bridcutt, thinks for about 30 seconds and they stays put.
What if he sees Bridcutt's pay packet? After all that's what footballers are only interested in.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He is not anywhere near as good as Bridcutt and he has not been good enough for the Premier so why do people think Ince will be.

I am sure that there are many on this Board that would disagree with you there BG.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ince has improved recently as he plays more games but is still way behind Bridcutt in all areas of his game. If you think otherwise please tell me in which aspect as I havent seen it yet.
My best memory of Bridcutt is the way he seemed to out jump players twice his size. While Ince is no where near as good as LB in the air I think the potential is there. He needs careful management to emulate Bridcutt, unfortunately for us if the cash comes calling he will be off, and who can blame him, he can always return to this level.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I see Rohan Ince to be our future much more than Liam Bridcutt and Leonardo Ulloa. Ince's relative inability of his left foot does not matter so much with his strength and pace.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I see Rohan Ince to be our future much more than Liam Bridcutt and Leonardo Ulloa. Ince's relative inability of his left foot does not matter so much with his strength and pace.
Agree with you on that but not sure about Ulloa.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
he will be a fine player but to inconsistent at this stage needs another year and who knows might be in the Prem with us

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was sitting in the home end at Bournemouth a couple of years ago for the 1-1 (behind the goal where Barnes clumped in that belter). Ince had one of his rampaging games that afternoon, and the Muff fans around us were RAVING about him, I remember one of them saying he reminded him of a young Yaya Toure. The praise was probably a bit OTT, but he was being talked about during and after that game as we walked out the ground.

If he's playing alongside quality and experience of the likes of Kayal and (hopefully) Crofts regularly here, under the watchful guidance of Hughton, then he can only get better IMO.

I wasn't there, but watched that game in the King & Queens. Those rampaging runs were one of the best things from last season. I wish he did it more often.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Will go down in history with other excellent transfer deals [Cook and Elphick].
We seem to have forgotten that just because we have a Grade 1 development structure does not mean will actually get to see any of them play for us.
BHA = Get them, develop them, sell them....[once we have a loanee in to cover].

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here