Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iN YOUR OPINION WHAT IS THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
In terms of quality football, Spain wins without a doubt. It's also far more open than the Premiership, as someone earlier said everyone knows either Arsenal, Manchester United or Chelsea will win it this year. And of course the Championship is great, again its very open and any one of a number of teams have the potential to go up. Generally, the English style of play is exciting, but as I've already said Spain has the better players & teams.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
samparish said:
In terms of quality football, Spain wins without a doubt. It's also far more open than the Premiership,
as I said earlier...7 teams in over 50 years...not what you'd call open

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
alan partridge said:

Did you know only 7 teams have won La Liga since 1950...and before our lovely Depor won it recently it was ofcourse only 6.

In the last 10 years I think the following have all won it:

Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Barca, Real Madrid, Depor.

Compare that to Arsenal and Man Utd in the Premiership and you can see why it is a better league.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
true if, we're talking the last 10 years but add 2 more teams to that and you have virtually the only teams who have ever won la liga. hardly open.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Winners of La Liga

Real Madrid 29 times
FC Barcelona 15
Atlético Madrid 9 (they won it as Atlético Aviación in 1939-40 and 1940-41)
Athletic Bilbao 8
Valencia 5
Real Sociedad 2
Betis 1
Sevilla 1
Deportivo La Coruña 1.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
alan partridge said:
true if, we're talking the last 10 years but add 2 more teams to that and you have virtually the only teams who have ever won la liga. hardly open.

Yes, but we're talking about the best league NOW, so only the past few years have relevance.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
The only way of telling would be to designate a saturday each year when 1st in the Prem would play 1st in La Liga or SerieA, 2nd play 2nd,3rd v 3rd and so on down to the bottom.The country with the most wins,wins.
It would be great entertainment,like a football Ryder Cup, and would settle the matter once and for all.

I'd fancy Boltons chances against Perugia,or Birminghams against Sevilles any day.

Serie A and La Liga are much more open though. If Real Madrid played in the Premiership they'd walk it. Instead they finished 4th last season. Here it's the same old every season, Arsenal and ManUre competing for the top spot by Christmas. Although Chelsea are in the equation this season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
brighton_b0y said:
AC Milan last year! With 3 italian teams in the semi's? :jester:

Look for consistancy over the last few years and I expect Spanish teams are up there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here