Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In with the Cardiff fans lastnight!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I went in their end with a Cardiff fan who is a mate from my companies head office.

Tell you what, there were some proper freaks and specials about and some nasty looking fcukers too, I did worry pre-match what was going to happen to be honest!

But wow what a night, We started bright, settled quickly and were not fased one little bit.....seeing the albion fans over the other side of the ground going ape was an amazing site and the fact of not being able to cheer, shout and go mental with pride 3x was proberly the hardest thing I've had to do in a long time.

Lots of comments from around me were very complimentry that made me beam, here are some of my personal faves:

1. They play just like swansea, Fuckers!
2. We just cant compete with passing like this.
3. My word this lot are a good outfit.

The pride was clear to see all over my face and my mate was moaning in disbelief at our style and composure going forward, the fist pumps underneath the seats went more or less un-noticed I think and 90 minutes later with my head/face still intact, I left feeling joy that is unexplanable, my team taking apart one of the best teams outside the prem, makes you start to believe......Maybe we are f***ing brilliant!

hoyci

Aug 8, 2011
eastbourne
Lots of comments from around me were very complimentry that made me beam, here are some of my personal faves:

billiant :)

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I went in their end with a Cardiff fan who is a mate from my companies head office.

Tell you what, there were some proper freaks and specials about and some nasty looking fcukers too, I did worry pre-match what was going to happen to be honest!

But wow what a night, We started bright, settled quickly and were not fased one little bit.....seeing the albion fans over the other side of the ground going ape was an amazing site and the fact of not being able to cheer, shout and go mental with pride 3x was proberly the hardest thing I've had to do in a long time.

The pride was clear to see all over my face and my mate was moaning in disbelief at our style and composure going forward, the fist pumps underneath the seats went more or less un-noticed I think and 90 minutes later with my head/face still intact, I left feeling joy that is unexplanable, my team taking apart one of the best teams outside the prem, makes you start to believe......Maybe we are f***ing brilliant!

You must have some serious facial muscle control! brilliant

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
You must have some serious facial muscle control! brilliant

I gave it a yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh with a double fist clinch, but in silence!!!

Amazing scenes.

bluestripe

Jul 14, 2009
credit where credit is due.

well done lads, absolutely outplayed us last night, possibly the best team i have seen at the CCS stadium, all round a very strong footballing unit, mackail-smith is jet propelled, thought your defence was solid as well.
on that performance you will do very well this season and will compete with and beat most teams in the championship, dont count your chickens and all that but i have seen enough of the championship in the last few years to know you will be there abouts come may. great support for a wednesday night too as well. again well done and sincere best wishes for the rest of the season.

p.s i am not alone in my thoughts most Cardiff people i talked to leaving the stadium were also of the same mind.
well done.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
well done lads, absolutely outplayed us last night, possibly the best team i have seen at the CCS stadium, all round a very strong footballing unit, mackail-smith is jet propelled, thought your defence was solid as well.
on that performance you will do very well this season and will compete with and beat most teams in the championship, dont count your chickens and all that but i have seen enough of the championship in the last few years to know you will be there abouts come may. great support for a wednesday night too as well. again well done and sincere best wishes for the rest of the season.

p.s i am not alone in my thoughts most Cardiff people i talked to leaving the stadium were also of the same mind.
well done.

Thanks mate! Very gracious of you. Good luck for the season, especially against Palace.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

well done.

Cheers mate, I think were taking each game as it comes and enjoying the journey of new grounds, new players and better oposition to try and beat.

We appear to have settled in very well and the new players look as if they have been with us for years so it looks like it could be a real fun season, if anyone can keep the players feet on the ground its Gus.

I was impressed with your fans to be honest as even at 0-3 they wernt booing or aiming anything negative towards Malky or the players which under those circumstances was good. There also wasnt a nasty atmosphere outside or inside and that is defo a positive.

Bring on the game in March and good luck until then.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I gave it a yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh with a double fist clinch, but in silence!!!

Amazing scenes.

Just like being back in WSL!!

PS They are great seats we got in the end aren't they. I think you ended up a couple of rows back from us in WSL S73/74. And I'm being unfair - certainkly asn't quiet at the Donny game in WSL.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

PS They are great seats we got in the end aren't they. I think you ended up a couple of rows back from us in WSL S73/74. And I'm being unfair - certainkly asn't quiet at the Donny game in WSL.

haha, we have got the best seats in the house as far as im concerned! There seems to be quite a few lads around us aswell, so it should get lively around us for sure.

I just cant wait to get back in there for the B'pool game, if your about come and say hello mate.

W1C - Row Q - Seat 75

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Loads of compliments from their fans after the game both for our team performance and style of play and for the support our fans gave. Queuing up in Subway to kill time before trying to get off the car park I was a bit worried being surrounded by Bluebirds but they couldn't have been a nicer bunch.

francisg1

Montone English
Jul 26, 2004
Cardiff
Very brave! Did that at Swansea a few years ago but that's a bit of a different kettle of fish.

The Cardiff fans in work have all been very complimentary too (and no-one seems to know what the Cardiff penalty was for!)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Fab u lus
several people came up to me in Llanelli and said they thought Albion were one of the best teams seen there for yonks

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The lads in our village are all cardiff fans, they were also very complementary about us, shame really as I wanted to take the piss......

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

:lolol: :lolol:

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Haven't got an exact figure but I'd estimate 800/900 ish.

Ok cheers, that game has to be up there with Charlton and Peterborough last year :) Everyone there was quality and although I love The Amex you can't beat the atmosphere at away days.
Why was their penalty given? Was too busy chanting 'we're f***ing brilliant' to be paying attention :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here