In what DECADE did you FIRST see an Albion HOME game ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What decade dd you first see the Albion

• 1960's or earlier

Votes: 104 24.8%
  • 1970's

Votes: 159 37.9%
  • 1980's

Votes: 76 18.1%
  • 1990's

Votes: 55 13.1%
  • 2000's

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • 2010's

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Not sure of the year but v Preston N.E. with Bobby Charlton as player manager. Think we lost 0-4

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I didn't go but wasn't he marked out of the game by a debutant called John Templeman? Whatever happened to him

Indeed he was. I remember it well

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
1958 was my first game. It was the very last game of the season at the Goldstone & we lost (think it was Plymouth). I'd been nagging my Dad to take me all season as he never missed & that was me hooked.
BTW, I also fell in love with Bobby Laverick that day!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You have got a good memory, I was there and you are correct Templeman never let him have a kick all game, a fantastic debut for a player who stayed on for 7 years playing 226 games.
He then moved to Exeter and played 206 games for them.

I was being flippant when I asked what happened to him - I remember him very well, particularly the goal he scored against Rochdale to send us up.

Even though I wasn't at the game I remember it well. My dad thought I was too young for a big crowd so I stayed at home. I remember my dad coming back and raving about Templeman's debut and then an hour later the Argus came and said the same. My own debut at the Albion was about three weeks later but I was already avidly reading match reports

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
70's

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
1988, 2-0 V Watford, Keith Dublin scored 1 I think, can't remember who got the other, was in the SW corner, but switched to the North Stand after that, bit more lively !!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
1970 at home to Bristol Rovers and we drew 0-0, I was in the east stand and thought it was great until the players came out and all the fans in front of me who had been sitting down on the terracing stood up and I never saw another thing until half time, Same happened in the 2nd half. I remember having to ask my Dad what the final score was.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
My first game was in the 70`s as I was just a wee nipper, taken along by my Uncle to see BHA v Pompey at The Goldstone. Only trouble was, he was a Pompey fan and we were in the away end :ohmy:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
mid '80's for me. 1984 to be more precise but cant remember any other details. Could have been Charlton who i used to call Charlton Pathetic

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Went in the mid sixties with my Grand Dad who played for Brighton Boy's as did my Dad.
Remember being put down the front of the chicken run around ten years old while my old man stood up the back.
My first real memories are around the early seventies when I was fifteen or so before I discovered beer n wimmin:p

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The swinging Sixties, 1966 to be precise.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
1974 at the grand old age of 6, cant remember who but then again i cant remember much these days either

Nothing changes

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
1958 was my first game. It was the very last game of the season at the Goldstone & we lost (think it was Plymouth). I'd been nagging my Dad to take me all season as he never missed & that was me hooked.
BTW, I also fell in love with Bobby Laverick that day!

I think you'll find that the last game of the 1957-58 season at the Goldstone was when the Albion gained their first promotion to Division 2 by beating Watford 6-0, Adrian Thorne scoring 5 goals and the captain, Glen Wilson, scoring the other from a penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports