Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the world of football, what makes you CRINGE?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
'Fans' of teams on telly in pubs who know F all about their team, players, history etc etc and the go apeshit when they score

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Fans counting out loud the amount of seconds the opposing goalkeeper is holding the ball for.

It's pointless because that rule is down to the ref's discretion and is rarely, if ever, enforced.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Ticket prices.
Diving and all round shit-house acts on the pitch.
That little pedestal thing the ball is on before a Prem match and the refs picks it up. What a load of ****ing spunk that idea is.
Handshakes at the start.
Players wearing gloves.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not 100% sure what a CRINGE actually is, but this picture certainly makes me do at least one, if not more...
I think the picture makes it look worse than it was. It seemed quite funny at the time.

Football rarely makes me cringe. I have to think back to when Ian Wright said "I love little people, they make me laugh".

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
"XXXX is shithole, I want to go home..." BEFORE the match.

It was mildly amusing once at Stoke after we got stuffed 3-0, but the moment you get there...?

Indeed, let's drive for 6 hours then go straight home again without watching the match.

Not quite as cringeworthy as people from, say, Burnley singing it in Brighton though!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brighton fans at Millwall singing "we hate Palace more than you"

Brighton fans at Millwall getting all gobby in cowards way and then piping down quickly when they open the gates for the home fans.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Surrounding the ref.

Diving.

Kissing the badge. (Only exception being real club legends like OGH/Mayo etc - unless you're a one club man, don't kiss the badge)

"XXXX is shithole, I want to go home..." BEFORE the match.

It was mildly amusing once at Stoke after we got stuffed 3-0, but the moment you get there...?

Stoke actually sang:

"We want to stay here, Stokes a shithole, we want to stay here". when they played Valencia a few years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here