Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In reserve . Pretty dull to be honest 2-0 down when I left.

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Bit like the England - Scotland Schoolboys match I went to when Rideout scored a Hatrick. Rodgers and their No 8 having some argy bary. Stunning free kick for their second. Gus and Tano are spying from the new broadcast room. Quid for a programme what ever happen to the 10p A4 sheet?

D

Deleted User X18H

Lots of kids screeching and not watching the game . Stewards getting edgy only one block in WSL open. Ex NSCer Yorkie was behind me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What are the pies like ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bit like the England - Scotland Schoolboys match I went to when Rideout scored a Hatrick. Rodgers and their No 8 having some argy bary. Stunning free kick for their second. Gus and Tano are spying from the new broadcast room. Quid for a programme what ever happen to the 10p A4 sheet?

Here you go

Gold-Medal.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I have to say, this is one of your better match reports.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Most interesting bit was the new north west upper.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354573983.843213.jpg

Was spoken to very rudely by a steward when a simple sorry you can't go past there was adequate though when trying to take said photo.

The chilli pie was amazing.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
We went tonight, the game itself was absolute pony (Kaz played like he had been kneecapped for the majority of the first half, although sprung to life a bit in the second, and our number 2 (Jones?) looked a bit out of his depth). Atmosphere was ridiculous - more akin to a polite panto than a football match. Any attempts to even get the most basic of chants going got me looks like I was a f***ing madman. Dicks Bar not open, which I thought was a bit of a shame.

On the plus side, the pies tonight were outstanding. Fresh, plentiful and just amazing. Took an American friend of mine that works for the uni, and he thoroughly enjoyed the pie and pint ritual.

On balance, much as I hate to say it, I prefer the dev games at Culver road. It's a better size to host crowds of that size if I'm honest. The Amex looks a bit silly with only a quarter of the WSL occupied. That said, with a good bit of promotion, the club could do well out of them at the Amex if they promote the FAYC game next week. And much as I've ridiculed the support tonight, it was good to see so many youngsters there - although it reaffirmed the fact that I will NEVER sit in the family stand!!!!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
On balance, much as I hate to say it, I prefer the dev games at Culver road. It's a better size to host crowds of that size if I'm honest. The Amex looks a bit silly with only a quarter of the WSL occupied.

I believe that it's part of the conditions of entry in to the league that you have to play a number of games at the main ground....

Edit - Confirmed, 2 games have to played at the home ground. Nonsense really.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Opening para of last night's programme (only £1) re Professional Development League Two South

"Upon the league's formation this summer it was stipulated that each team should play three home games at their club's stadium, to help showcase the division but, more importantly, to give the players an invaluable experience of playing in a 'first-team environment'"

Lush

Mods' Pet
Other quotes in programme from Luke Williams:

"It's about making that next step - into the first-team squad - less daunting"

"tonight gives them all a chance to showcase their talents ... (to) managers and other coaches of other teams who might be hoping to take our players on loan"

... they are not the finished article in terms of their decision making and physique, but they are inspired by playing with the style and identity implemented by Gus Poyet and his first-team squad ..."

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Most interesting bit was the new north west upper.

View attachment 37276

Was spoken to very rudely by a steward when a simple sorry you can't go past there was adequate though when trying to take said photo.

The chilli pie was amazing.

I was a the stadium at 730 am Saturday with 13 Palace fans due to doing a sponsored bike ride to Selhurst park. They were busy working on the North West Corner then!

An Albion staff member took us to the pitch and gave us a mini tour, he took great pleasure showing the palace fans our great home :)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Other quotes in programme from Luke Williams:

"It's about making that next step - into the first-team squad - less daunting"

"tonight gives them all a chance to showcase their talents ... (to) managers and other coaches of other teams who might be hoping to take our players on loan"

... they are not the finished article in terms of their decision making and physique, but they are inspired by playing with the style and identity implemented by Gus Poyet and his first-team squad ..."

I wonder how long Toby needs to wallow in the DS.... ?... I am afraid he won't sign again due to his continued absence from first team action despite many great performances and a consistent scoring record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here