Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In praise of Fulham, Brentford and, cough, them lot…

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It's fair to say that no Fulham fans thought we'd be this high up the table at this stage of the season. It's 3rd time lucky (actually, learning from past mistakes and an excellent coaching team) in our summer window purchases (Willian, Pereira, Leno and Palhiñha especially) and excellent blending with the existing squad that's got us here. Having said that, we're short of strikers - Mitro is out for the game against Chelscum that we desperately want to win - and we expect a characteristic losing streak soon.
Will he not be banned for your FA Cup game - or doesn't that count?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brentford are a terrific club, Thomas Frank is a really good manager. It doesn't surprise me to see them kicking on, so fair play to them.

However, where the hell has Fulham's form come from? Marco Silva has done an exceptional job. I wonder if Everton will come in from him when they sack Lampard. Oh...

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
When we got promoted it was bittersweet as I really didn't see how we could compete with the bigger clubs. Maybe sneak a result here and there, but I thought it would be dreary slog of constantly avoiding relegation. I thought the league was effectively rigged against teams like us and we were basically points fodder.

It's great that we, Brentford and Fulham – and maybe a few others – are finding a way to be competitive.

It may help that there isn't a crisis declared, and a media inquest convened, every time we drop unexpected points or go on a bad run. How many former Everton players have been wheeled out this morning to pontificate on their 4-1 home defeat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here