Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In praise of Anthony Knockaert

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The one negative to Knocky is the yellow cards and potentially sending offs he could incur.

You don't want to take away that enthusiasm from him but you just want to say to him..........''be careful, you are so good, we need you so much that we don't want to lose you to suspensions''

:moo:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If we didn't sell Stephens in the last year of his contract, even after putting in a transfer request, then we sure as hell aren't selling Knocky this January.

Anthony had no interest in leaving - even when he was told of the offers of the 2 clubs which came in for him he never indicated he had any interest in moving

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Best player in the division, by a country mile. Fact.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Easily the best player we have had. Yes Vicente was class but he never produced it week in week out and the got injured anyway. Knockaert gives everything and doesn't pull out of any 50/50's. Without him mid table.

We were very fortunate to be able to catch a glimpse of the sublime skills of Vicente at the twilight of his career. We're even more fortunate IMHO to be able to watch Anthony Knockaert week in, week out, at his absolute PEAK.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
Yes one of the special Moments in Albion history was the 35th minute universal standing ovation from the fans for the sublime skills of Anthony Knockeart yesterday. The mans a genius with the ball at his feet. God knows how many men Barnsley put on him yesterday but not one of them could get the better of him. He has to be the buy of the century when you consider what little we actually paid for him. We just need to keep him injury free.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
For all those stuck abroad, please can someone post a clip of this "35th minute moment of magic". Thanks.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He is my favourite Albion player EVER!! Yes I know people will shout names at me, Mike Trusson, Kerry Mayo, the mighty Les Briley, but I don't care. He is unbelievable.

That's it, we're through.

No one disrespects Les Briley and lives to tell the tale.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
I enjoy watching his runs and the way he wins back the ball by tackling back but do feel that he showboats a little too much and should release the ball earlier sometimes. But he was a tremendous buy and we should do our utmost to hang on to him.

Someone near me was moaning during the second half that he does too much and should pass sooner.
After Knocky's 1st half brilliance I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
Then again he rarely has anything positive to say about any Albion player.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Someone near me was moaning during the second half that he does too much and should pass sooner.
After Knocky's 1st half brilliance I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
Then again he rarely has anything positive to say about any Albion player.
Yikes! You sit near [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was chatting to a couple of Barnsley fans on the train east from Lewes yesterday who said they enjoyed that run he made just before half time in front of their goal as much as I did and they applauded it as well apparently.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes his flair is worth the entrance money alone.
But I'd rather he passed the oppo and carried on rather than go backk to showboat and beat him again.
I know nothing about tactics but him and Bruno together again down the right is a winning combination.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Looking like the best £2.5m the club ever spent. Got to be worth £15m min in today's inflated market. I hope we are dangling an improved contract behind the scenes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm hardly putting my neck on the line here, I well appreciate. However, this isn't about his oh-so-obvious flair that, to use the cliche, "is worth the entrance price alone" but about his incredible work rate.

He runs and runs and runs. For 90+ minutes up and down. He doesn't shirk any defensive duties, yet will still bust a lung at the end of a game to give a teammate an outlet when we break.

There can't be many players in the whole league who cover the distance he does most games.

And, just a small final mention for the whole joie to vivre thing he's got going on. He's smiley and happy and makes sure he shows his full appreciation to the entire Amex before leaving the pitch.

What a player.
Not to mention how he played in the second leg of the playoffs, despite being injured in the first.

He's truly amazing, we're very lucky, I just hope he can help get us promoted this year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sadly a flurry of clubs will come a calling in January, especially struggling premier teams. Let's hope TB tells them to collectively do one
Man U came for Zaha when Palace were in the Championship, but they still had him for the rest of the year. If we're well placed in January, I can't see us letting him go for all the tea in China.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not to mention how he played in the second leg of the playoffs, despite being injured in the first.

He's truly amazing, we're very lucky, I just hope he can help get us promoted this year.

The first half of the second leg of the playoffs was scintillating. If Murray had been in the middle that night, we'd have made it to Wembley at the very least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here