Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] In Ear Head Phones

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Having never had the need to use these I don’t know anything much about them. Mrs A uses the standard old Apple ones mainly when we go on holidays, on the plane, by the pool or listening to audio books. Thinking about getting her some wireless ones for Christmas. Budget up to £150. Someone mentioned ‘Jabra?’ and Sony.

She will only use them when sitting, or lazing about so no need to go for anything aimed at runners and exercise gurus.

I’m sure there’s a few on here who know their stuff so any help greatly appreciated.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I have a pair of Tozo T10, which cost about 20 quid. They do the job. Fit well, the sound quality is fine, and more than decent battery life.

Mine get used a lot and they're still going strong after a couple of years.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I remember trying to explain to someone in a glass bottomed boat in the Indian Ocean, that Mrs Wz had lost her contact lens.

Glass that goes in the eye !

Phone that goes in the Ear !

Garlic in Bread !

What's wrong with that great modern invention, BIG headphones ? Sorry, I'm very old :down:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I have some KZ ZS10 Pro's. These things are unreal.
Each earphone has 5 speakers. 2 tweeters, 2 midrange and one bass driver. Crisp sound and with plenty of bass. The come wired but you can detach the wires and clip in Bluetooth receivers, which I have done. The battery life on the Bluetooth is quality, I charge them maybe once a month and I use them most days at work.
I ended up buying memory foam buds for them as the rubber ones are a bit shit.
£45 for the earphones, £25 for the Bluetooth adapters and about £10 for a pack of buds is still well under your budget.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Sony make very good in ears. Ihave the wf mx1000xm5 which are amazing but out of budget . Bought my daughter wf c700 which would be in your budget . They are very good too. Read the reviews

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have the 85t model. Can’t fault them. Just on your budget too.
The app is easy to use as well, for adjusting levels etc.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Yes I'd recommend Jabra. Got a pair of Jabra Elite Active 7, a couple years ago. They have served me well although now they are starting to wear out a bit. They are a solid go-to for your £150 budget: solid ANC, good fit in the ole' ear canal, decent sound range, intuitive app, sleek and discreet...definitely one to consider.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I have the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1+ and I think they’re superb. I struggle with headphones fitting but these come with 5 or 6 different size buds and I’ve got them fitted spot on. Comes with a phone app which lets you set 6 different EQ settings to your own liking plus a find your headphones gizmo which shows where you last used them. Good battery life. They were £100 but think they’ve come down to about £70 now.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can anyone advise on cheapish Bluetooth in ear headphones that would be suitable for 9 year olds? Echo Dots plus spotify family account are planned for Xmas and they will need pairs that will stay in their ears OK. Thanks

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Can anyone advise on cheapish Bluetooth in ear headphones that would be suitable for 9 year olds? Echo Dots plus spotify family account are planned for Xmas and they will need pairs that will stay in their ears OK. Thanks
Bought these recently and very pleased with them. Got clips to keep them on/in ears

They come with different sized "buds" for different sized lugholes so well might be suitable for kids. Returning is easy if not.

Showing as £28 but with a 40% off voucher available on my account at the moment - bargain!

Might be good for the OP too, for the usage scenarios you've described, I think spending £150 is overkill unless your mrs is an audiophile?

1701190720691.png

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Bought these recently and very pleased with them. Got clips to keep them on/in ears

They come with different sized "buds" for different sized lugholes so well might be suitable for kids. Returning is easy if not.

Showing as £28 but with a 40% off voucher available on my account at the moment - bargain!

Might be good for the OP too, for the usage scenarios you've described, I think spending £150 is overkill unless your mrs is an audiophile?

View attachment 170380
👍

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've been using Sony WF-C500s for a while, which you can pick up for about £44 now on Amazon. Always been very happy with them. Not as good for sound quality as proper headphones but a significant step up from the really cheap Chinese ones I had before.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If there’s one thing I know about (apart from being an irredeemable loser) it’s mid-price in-ears.

The Earfuns are like the knock-off fake versions of the WF-C500s. Far fewer features. They’d be fine if you’re just using them by a desktop and don’t move but will break if taken out and about or moved. Their customer service people acknowledge this and routinely give partial refunds, so there is that.

WF-C500s are the best by a mile at the price. Variety of different buds to fit, flick through adverts, pretty robust, lots of different sound profiles (none of which are great, but that’s how it is at budget.) Only thing I wish they did is cheap replacement cases because if you lose the case, you have to buy another set (or chance buying a knock-off one from third parties.)

For a bigger budget, I’d go for the 1000XM4. Noise cancellers as well. Got the headphones of those and they’re decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here