In defence of Andy Naylor

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I have been critical of AN in the past and have joined in when taking the piss out of him but I think I have been unfair. he has taken the time to reply to a question I asked him on twitter, he doesn't try to make cheap headline with unfounded rumours and I am almost certain that he has never bugged my phone.

Please accept my humble apology if you are reading this.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally posted by seagull_special

In defence of Andy Naylor
I have been critical of AN in the past and have joined in when taking the piss out of him but I think I have been unfair. he has taken the time to reply to a question I asked him on twitter, he doesn't try to make cheap headline with unfounded rumours and I am almost certain that he has never bugged my phone.

I think AN has a lot of problems delivering his reports to us or indeed anyone else given, that he ain't exactly, I imagine, a fly on the wall with immediate access to everything which may come out of the club.

Beyond that, he is looking at various web sites but principally, I suspect, relying on contacts be they other journos or radios with whom he has an association.

Someone recently had a go on the day, I believe, he returned from holiday, well how can he be up to date in an instant.

Well done ANDY, I think you are doing a great job.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

He got afew micky taking tweets after being the last to know about CMS, but to be fair he had just come back from hols. Besides it looks like the club now keeps its cards close to its chest, which I think is a good thing.

I know people are deperate for the latest news, but people need to give the guy a break IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports