Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

in case you think justice for Hillsborough's on track now...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I was at university with Beggs, I knew him VERY well. I drank with him many times and went on a lot of hunt sabs with him.

I know a lot about him and his activities with the animal rights 'extremists'.

To put in context I have been veggie for over 30 years now and used to know Mike Huskisson and Ronnie Lee reasonably well, enough to say hello and have a beer with if we met in the street well. Beggs has been a police stooge for decades and is one of the most despicable examples of a human you could ever dread to come in contact with.

I know he's been involved in things that resulted in people I knew and liked doing 6-10 years, and now he's a police QC. Go figure.

And in case the mods think this is libelous most of this has already been published in Private Eye, like his association with the Hunt Retribution Squad, some of whom did the sentences I refer to.

Edit to add - Attila will remember the university I mean, it was where I first met him back in about 1983/4 or so.

Game, set and match to this fella :clap2::clap2::clap2:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I was at university with Beggs, I knew him VERY well. I drank with him many times and went on a lot of hunt sabs with him.

I know a lot about him and his activities with the animal rights 'extremists'.

To put in context I have been veggie for over 30 years now and used to know Mike Huskisson and Ronnie Lee reasonably well, enough to say hello and have a beer with if we met in the street well. Beggs has been a police stooge for decades and is one of the most despicable examples of a human you could ever dread to come in contact with.

I know he's been involved in things that resulted in people I knew and liked doing 6-10 years, and now he's a police QC. Go figure.

And in case the mods think this is libelous most of this has already been published in Private Eye, like his association with the Hunt Retribution Squad, some of whom did the sentences I refer to.

Edit to add - Attila will remember the university I mean, it was where I first met him back in about 1983/4 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyZ1sjqe1hY

Bloody hell, he's invoking Martin Luther King & 'God's Law' above the law of the land at 17.30 here. He's had quite a journey, hasn't he. Is it not a tiny bit weird that he's now the Police's go to in a tight spot man?

That's him. He seriously used to say it was acceptable to kill a human to protect an animal. He was also allegedly involved in that incident where broken glass was sprinkled on the highbury pitch before a game against (I think it was) Newcastle.

I say allegedly, I was in the pub with him one Saturday afternoon in Uxbridge after we had just stormed a fur shop near the underground station and I seem to recall him talking about it as it happened the night before. Along with some people who may, or may not, have been involved iykwim.

Once a leading light in the South East Animal Liberation League as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Liberation_Leagues trust him as far as you can shit him quite frankly. I doubt if we were ever to meet again he would greet me that warmly, I certainly doubt the meeting would go that well for him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That's him. He seriously used to say it was acceptable to kill a human to protect an animal. He was also allegedly involved in that incident where broken glass was sprinkled on the highbury pitch before a game against (I think it was) Newcastle.

I say allegedly, I was in the pub with him one Saturday afternoon in Uxbridge after we had just stormed a fur shop near the underground station and I seem to recall him talking about it as it happened the night before. Along with some people who may, or may not, have been involved iykwim.

Once a leading light in the South East Animal Liberation League as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Liberation_Leagues trust him as far as you can shit him quite frankly. I doubt if we were ever to meet again he would greet me that warmly, I certainly doubt the meeting would go that well for him.

You've got me hooked, RS. How do you go from boozing with him to, as it appears, sworn enemies?

Interesting insights into the man - he seems quite a piece of work.

Well, consdering that quite a few people I knew went to prison, some of them for quite lengthy periods, whilst he got fat representing the police he used to despise for £700 + vat per hour it shouldn't be hard to guess.

TBH a lot of people in the movement at the time had serious doubts about him. We all knew we were infiltrated and quite a few thought he was the one.

I also knew, but only very much in passing, Helen Steel from Greenpeace London, the one who was Mclibel trialed and was in the 'relationship' with the undercover police man. A lot of people never really trusted Beggs, I guess they were right.

And this is only the surface. There are things I REALLY can't say on an open board about him. Remember he is a top QC and a silk. He did have interesting views on the Dutch Hunt Sabs and their one time tactic of offering fishermen cheese sandwiches which had fish hooks inside them though.

You may not know but the hard core anarcho punk scene in London at the time was in reality quite small. It wasn't unusual to be drinking with Ian Bone at a demo or gig and Beggs comes from South London, Eltham way, and was friends with Colin Jerman from Conflict and people from Hagar the Womb amongst others who all came from the same area and were animal rights aligned. We all got to know each other quite quickly, we would see each other every saturday down in Redhill at the Surrey union hunt after all and then not infrequently go on to a gig somewhere in central london that night. Beggs wasn't so much a punk but a lot of the people we all knew were.

Edit to add. I woudn't say sworn enemy. We've not met in a long time but I liked Mike Huskisson and last time I heard he was still serving 18 for something. And Beggs lies in front of juries to get rich defendin the police he once claimed to hate. I know which one I would prefer to sit down and drink with again. Some of you will no doubt dislike MH and all he did but he has never sold out his avowed beliefs for £700 + vat.

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Well, consdering that quite a few people I knew went to prison, some of them for quite lengthy periods, whilst he got fat representing the police he used to despise for £700 + vat per hour it shouldn't be hard to guess.

TBH a lot of people in the movement at the time had serious doubts about him. We all knew we were infiltrated and quite a few thought he was the one.

I also knew, but only very much in passing, Helen Steel from Greenpeace London, the one who was Mclibel trialed and was in the 'relationship' with the undercover police man. A lot of people never really trusted Beggs, I guess they were right.

And this is only the surface. There are things I REALLY can't say on an open board about him. Remember he is a top QC and a silk. He did have interesting views on the Dutch Hunt Sabs and their one time tactic of offering fishermen cheese sandwiches which had fish hooks inside them though.

You may not know but the hard core anarcho punk scene in London at the time was in reality quite small. It wasn't unusual to be drinking with Ian Bone at a demo or gig and Beggs comes from South London, Eltham way, and was friends with Colin Jerman from Conflict and people from Hagar the Womb amongst others who all came from the same area and were animal rights aligned. We all got to know each other quite quickly, we would see each other every saturday down in Redhill at the Surrey union hunt after all and then not infrequently go on to a gig somewhere in central london that night. Beggs wasn't so much a punk but a lot of the people we all knew were.

Exactly what I was hinting at earlier when suggesting his journey was 'unusual'...

And speaking of which (and looking at Hagar's wiki page) their first gig was in fact supporting the estimable Josef Porta and his wonderful group The Mob, before he went on to form Blythe Power with Sarah and the others.

As i said, the scene was really quite small in those days.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Some extraordinary stuff coming out of the Inquest today.

Ex- Chief Inspector Sykes of South Yorkshire Police is in the witness box saying he was part of the Police Federation 'team' which sought to destroy the Taylor report and discredit the fans in order to defelct the blame away from the police. He was also part of the 'team' which colluded with Irvine Pattnick MP - the source of the 'The Truth' story.

He has admitted he lied on several occasions in order to help get the 'The Truth' story out.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have a lot of respect for David Conn and some other journalist colleagues spending months at that inquest, present through choice to get the message out when they could easily be doing something more straightforward.

Obviously sitting there listening to harrowing testimony day after day, difficult as that is, pales into insignificance with what the families have gone through for 25 years.

I'm sure that's what they tell themselves, and they're doing a great job. In some cases this is really the first time some of these policemen and others have been called to any kind of public account.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Some extraordinary stuff coming out of the Inquest today.

Ex- Chief Inspector Sykes of South Yorkshire Police is in the witness box saying he was part of the Police Federation 'team' which sought to destroy the Taylor report and discredit the fans in order to defelct the blame away from the police. He was also part of the 'team' which colluded with Irvine Pattnick MP - the source of the 'The Truth' story.

He has admitted he lied on several occasions in order to help get the 'The Truth' story out.

Complete and utter scumbag.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Complete and utter scumbag.

Oh thanks very much.

Meanwhile, the same ex-officer giving evidence has also stated that the police sent out one of their photographers just before 6pm after the Disaster to take photos of rubbish strewn along Leppings Lane, in order 'to gain evidence' that Liverpool fans had been excesively drinking.

This exchange is bizarre...

[tweet]520533669778579456[/tweet]

[tweet]520534292280381440[/tweet]

[tweet]520535365703454720[/tweet]

[tweet]520537077780582400[/tweet]

[tweet]520537339853287424[/tweet]

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Our friend Beggs still constantly pushing the idea that it was the fans' fault & mentioning alcohol as many times as he can...

Our friend Beggs still constantly pushing the idea that it was the fans' fault & mentioning alcohol as many times as he can...

Used to be resolutely vegan. Would go into supermarkets to protest at the lack of vegan food on offer. Drank Guiness which company at the time sponsored fox hunts and when I mentioned that to him his reply was 'all alcohol is vegan' which is how he justified his drinking the black shite. His main ambition at the time was actually to become a liberal mp.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
jesus ...i so want to get stuck into this.....i would apportion the blame 80% 20% cops to fans from what i know now , the OB and politicians have just rolled themselves in shit ever since and the sun put the icing on top......England at it's worst for so many reasons.:down:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Used to be resolutely vegan. Would go into supermarkets to protest at the lack of vegan food on offer. Drank Guiness which company at the time sponsored fox hunts and when I mentioned that to him his reply was 'all alcohol is vegan' which is how he justified his drinking the black shite. His main ambition at the time was actually to become a liberal mp.

Or a police plant, eventually graduating to a foul piece of work, expensively saving their lying arses in court. Sounds like a cheap channel 5 drama...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

I'm pretty certain that Guinness uses isinglass...

I'm pretty certain that Guinness uses isinglass...

Actually from what I undestand quite a lot of commercial brewers don't use isinglass all the time but say they do to cover themselves for when they do need to. And guniess iirc was one that didn't at the time and may actually have been vegan. I certainly recall having an argument at a veggie convetion with two authors of a vegan cookbook who used guiness in one of their recipies because it was vegan. They claimed that when they wrote the boook they were unaware of the guiness and foxhunting connnection. It MAY have been these guys but it was a long time ago and I can't find the book right now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Vegan-C...qid=1413308461&sr=8-7&keywords=vegan+cookbook

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here