Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In 50 years time will Andy Murray be looked upon as a legendary British sporting figure?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Don't worry, they will.

Another feather in Murray's cap is achieving what he has in spite of rather than because of the LTA.

Mainly because his mother has balls of steel.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Already a legend.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I agree with the majority of posters here - he will become a British sporting legend.

I'm interested to see what effect his success has on the production line of young British tennis players. Swedish tennis was nowhere before Bjorn Borg, yet his success spawned a wonderful crop of players like Edberg, Wilander, Jarryd, Pernfors.

However, I think Murray will be actively involved in coaching after he retires from the circuit. I just hope the LTA doesn't mess things up.

It seems to be working to some extent, just look at the ladies we have now, Watson, Robson, Broady, plus others - then there is Jo Konta, now she is a real player destined for top ten, if not the odd slam or two. Robson and Watson may win the odd high-profile match, and good on them, but I can't see them being consistently at the top, like Konta.

We do have a number of men coming up too, Kyle Edmund, Dan Evans etc., but don't think they'll make top grade.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No he may get mentioned in Wimbledon fortnight by the BBC commentators but a legend no chance.
Compared to Sir Ian Botham and other sporting heroes Murray is 2nd rate at best

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In 50 years time he won't be regarded as British.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Great player, an unbelievable talent but the guy is a 1st class knob.
He has improved his image in the last couple of years but for me the damage had already been done.
Tennis great maybe but I wouldn't class him as a legend.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Brilliant tennis player & will get the accolades & statue at Wimbledon he rightly deserves after he's retired.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Great player, an unbelievable talent but the guy is a 1st class knob.
He has improved his image in the last couple of years but for me the damage had already been done.
Tennis great maybe but I wouldn't class him as a legend.

Poor fishing bait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here