Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Imran Khan

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I don't think Sussex CC will be in the forefront of his mind at the moment.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My school teacher made me look and idiot with him one day. Her name was Khan and she told me he was her sister. I looked a right plonker when I asked him about it at Hove that summer. She thought it was hilarious.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My cousin went out with him for a few weeks when he played for Sussex :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I enjoyed watching him play cricket for Sussex. That’s it really. None of us really know what goes on in a country like Pakistan which if it is half as corrupt as India will be a complete basket case.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He seems to be a brave man after being shot and almost assassinated a few months ago.
He could have chosen a much more comfortable life in the UK as a Sky commentator for the cricket or such like.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
He is absolutely loved in Pakistan and would walk an election if they (the army) let it happen.

But they won't, so he won't.
At the last election his party only won about 32% of the vote.
A quick skim of the Wikipedia page seems to suggest that every party involved claimed there was some bias against them.
I think he's always been more controversial in Pakistan than might be imagined.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I thought he was brave going back to Pakistan as well seeing as he could've stayed here swanning about with well connected blonde ladies and punditing for a living. Mrs BC's family are from Pakistan (same tribe as Imran) and I'm always hearing about how bad things are there and the stranglehold of the army.
No idea if he is corrupt.
As an aside, while we are are reminiscing about famous cricketers going out with locals, Mrs BC used to work behind the bar at The Cricketers at Sussex CC and the West Indies were playing. Rain stopped play, the team came out to meet the locals and adjourned to the pub. Curtley Ambrose got chatting to my GLW (this was years before I met her) and asked her out. She politely declined, having 'heard rumours' about his ambitions. Allegedly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here