Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Important story on the Shoreham disaster today - *update, petition to stop Andy Hill flying*

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Given the only substantial punishment I’m aware of was having his piloting privileges revoked, it would (in my opinion) be an absolute disgrace to allow him to fly again. He is free to work or be a hobbyist in any non-aviation field

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
There is plenty of space around the airport. It's on a river valley.
Yep, but manouvers over the A27 were not excluded. I would suggest that every single aerobatic display ever performed at Shoreham included manouvers over the road. Again, I'm not saying Hill isn't, in many ways, culpable but the CAA and display organisers have to take their share of the blame.

I've witness 3 accidents at Shoreham, only 1 resulted in non pilot casualties but were all, in some ways, a result of pilot error.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is the process of getting his licence back one that can be impacted by a petition/judgement call. Or is it simply a process that if he meets objective criteria, he gets it back without scope to deny him because he doesn't deserve to be able to fly again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here