Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important - Future of 5-a-side

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
All,

It's crunch time for the Friday night 5-a-side footy.

Last week there were only 4 people that turned up, which as you can undoubtedly guess is far too few to pay for the hire of the pitch etc. (Luckily there were some other lads who fancied a game, so we were able to cover the cost in the end).

The point is - if people don't turn up the Friday 5-a-side will cease to happen.

Therefore, please post on here if you are available this week (Friday 9pm, Durrington Leisure Centre). If you do have any friends who fancy a game, why not see if they want to come along.

I will decide on Thursday whether it's worth booking the pitch for this week, or even cancelling it for good.

Papa

P.S. Please don't post on here say "I told you so" etc, as I'm not willing to go over the same old discussion about why we chose this time and venue - ok?

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
Fair enough, I'm not going to say anything!
But is it worth investigating again whether it is possible to make it another night rather than just cancelling for good?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fair point - well made.:clap2:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I will not say I told you so.

I will say I used to really enjoy Tuesdays at Portslade. If it was another night I would love to play.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

We went over this before - Portslade was (and probably still is) totally booked up for all evening slots...

If you fancy giving them a call and arranging something - be my guest.

:shootself

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Didn't mean it had to be at Portslade. Any venue on a night that isn't Friday would be preferable!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I went on fridays thinking it was a money saver...turns out I spent more on saturday so that did'nt work! :drink:

wont be there this week

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Ill DEFINATELY be there on Friday, and as ever can give anyone a lift from Brighton/Hove.

Come on, it started off with 22, surely we can keep it going ??

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well, it's not looking good for this week.

As I said before, if I don't get a decent number of people saying in this thread that they are attending on Friday I will cancel.

I will decide tomorrow...

Papa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here