Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Immigrants must wait for "years" before entitlement to public housing...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Here you go.....Aljazeera.......are they right wing??.....:bigwave:

Health stigma constrains Romania TB fight - Europe - Al Jazeera English

In fact they have put a video on YT.....in fact it was put on YT today.....only 199 views....you can make it 200 :)
Health stigma constrains Romania TB fight - YouTube

Yep you are right the whole of the UK if done for. Run......run for your lives!!!!!!

I suppose it may effect me a little when my family and friends begin to get struck down by the 'drug resistant super bug' and I have to fly back for funerals and run the risk of catching it myself!!!!!!

Although there is little mentioned about the 'drug resistant super bug' in the other reports. So I wonder what kind of effect this 'Time Bomb' will have in real terms. Still nothing like a bit of drama, sensationalism and hype to further an agenda is there? Surely you can see the difference between the three articles you posted? (I can't really comment on the FT as it was asking me for a subscription).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yep, i work in the construction industry and it is in a very poor state at the moment.
My reckoning is that the construction industry might pick up after the influx of Romanians and Bulgarians, the same as in the early 2000's when the Poles came over...cheap labour and drive down the wages.
I worked with many Eastern Europeans, got chatting to many.
Here was their take on the work situation in England.
Firstly as i am a sparks, the Polish sparks in there own country (about 2007) earned about equivalent of £350 a month. So over here there plan was to work for just over twelve months, (Child Benefit from here being sent home) then go back to Poland (where they were entitled to 3 months of our dole money) they could claim ALL of there tax back, then after 3 months return to England to work again. Thus putting precious little cash into the UK pot.
After a few years (with obviously the wages being dropped down, but they were happy) the Poles realised they could command a bit better rates over in England.
So then construction companies pulled the plug on work.....and will wait until the batch of Romanians and Bulgarians come over, then the cycle will start again.
Now here is a goody..... the JIB, which the qualified sparks are members of, and the JIB sparks have to pay for their ECS card and JIB card, to the tune of about £65 every two/three years, then sent (with our money) training officers over to Poland, to train the Poles. After training them, they were then guaranteed a job in England, and there training (which was subsidised by us) was paid back out of their wages.
So in short, our money is training them, to take the few jobs (guaranteed work) that happen to be around....and of course, as earlier mentioned, they are delighted (at first) to work for wages below the JIB rate.......good innit.
In case there are the usual doubters, this information (if you really trawled deep) could be found on the JIB website.
As many sparks (or chippies, brickies etc) will tell you, it was very hard for a non Eastern European to get employment on the Olympic site.
The Eastern Europeans could afford the rent and council tax as they would live 6 to a house.....knowing they could go home for there 3 month break, tax rebate (full) and dole plus child benefit. Then a friend would take their slot in the rented house.
Another point as well, the government then (Liebour) stated that a certain amount of workers must have the local postcode, huh very astute eh :facepalm:...so the Eastern Europeans just rented houses within the local postcode.
Brilliant eh.

To back it up.....cue Badfish :thumbsup:
" In an article for The Daily Telegraph, the joint chairmen of the cross party group on balanced migration, Frank Field, a former Labour minister, and Nicholas Soames, a former Conservative minister, say that David Cameron must do more to tackle “the elephant in the room” by restricting European immigration.
The MPs, two of the most influential politicians in the immigration debate, suggest that draconian action should now be considered “during periods of high unemployment” — such as now — to protect low-skilled British workers struggling to compete with foreigners for jobs. They add that the expected wave of immigration from Bulgaria and Romania — which could lead to 50,000 people a year moving to this country from next year — means that the need to tackle the issue “could not be more stark.”
MPs want immigrant ban to save British jobs - Telegraph

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You're on a roll...

Ha, waiting for my Stepfamily to get back from the Palace match so I can get drunk and laugh at them. I'm eating a lot of cheese and listening to the wireless, just diddling about on the net being a knob.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ha, waiting for my Stepfamily to get back from the Palace match so I can get drunk and laugh at them. I'm eating a lot of cheese and listening to the wireless, just diddling about on the net being a knob.

:lol:

Having a Palace supporting stepfamily must be a particularly rewarding experience these last couple of weeks. Enjoy your evening - it sounds like it'll be more fun than mine.

Dandyman

In London village.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
:lol:

Having a Palace supporting stepfamily must be a particularly rewarding experience these last couple of weeks. Enjoy your evening - it sounds like it'll be more fun than mine.

It's been a doozy of a fortnight! Hope your night not too bad!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Quote Originally Posted by Soulman View Post
Re: Entitlement to public housing.
Well these will have to wait.
Birmingham City Council Homes for Heroes plan scrapped - Birmingham Mail
Tell us all about entitlement to public housing. As some one who works with Housing staff, I'm fascinated.

I think that these vets are more entitled to public housing than most......that is my opinion, which i am "entitled" to have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here