Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Imagine everyone's fit - what's our best starting team?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yeah - I know. Solly's out for the season and the rest, well, who knows?

But I just listed a few players on another thread who may return soon enough and it allowed me the fantasy of thinking who we'd pick if everyone could play. For me it would be:

Bart V
Veltman. Dunk, JPvH, Estupinian
Gross Gilmour
March Fati Mitoma
Pedro

Which would give us a bench that included Enciso, Adingra, Fergusson, Welbz and Lamptey

That's a side that would compete with almost anyone IMO. Although, typically, would beat Arsenal and not Sheffield Utd :lol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
If we're being uber realistic stick Enciso in for March.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I really wouldn't presume to name a best eleven, especially given that, I suspect, it all depends who we are playing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I really wouldn't presume to name a best eleven, especially given that, I suspect, it all depends who we are playing.
Possibly. That's heading for factually accurate, but not quite where I was going with the point of the post.

IMO with everyone fit we have a really hard job fitting in our attacking talent but gaps at CDM and fullback. @Weststander 's post is interesting.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Possibly. That's heading for factually accurate, but not quite where I was going with the point of the post.

IMO with everyone fit we have a really hard job fitting in our attacking talent but gaps at CDM and fullback. @Weststander 's post is interesting.
Apologies. I can't play games like this, owing to how my tiny mind works, so I'm out. :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Apologies. I can't play games like this, owing to how my tiny mind works, so I'm out. :thumbsup:
We all know De Zerbi will make more changes than a management consultant on commission. Your point was very valid.

It just wasn't mine :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I love stuff like this and this thread. I do realise it’s unrealistic and too black-and-white, it’s fantasy.

For me it’s a chance to mention a favoured formation and a feel for who are our best players. Solly’s a great example, he almost always turns up including against the ‘big boys’.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Verbruggen​
Veltman - Dunk - Igor - Estupinan
Gilmour - Dahoud​
Gross​
Enciso- Pedro - Mitoma​
Our front 3 with a fully fit squad has unimaginable options - Mitoma being the only unchangeable option.
Defence JPvH or Igor are interchangeable, but I prefer to see Dunk on the right.

Our midfield is too weak and needs strengthening.
Too early to judge whether Baleba will become our undroppable midfielder to replace Caicedo.
But the gap is there for everyone to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here