Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] I’m telling you, it’s WAR out there!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The last time I was in Shoreham I was walking down Surry Street on the way to the Wellington from Shoreham Station. It looked like another big housing development was starting. Not sure what was there before
We moved to the house on the end of New Rd ( corner of Slurry St ) in 1982, the house is called River view . . .built around 1820. Opposite was the road and fishermans huts . . . Then B&Q, later parcelforce. Now the view from 'River view' is this . . .

Attachments

• 8349EAD4-E32D-4FD4-81FF-3FE7F5D5672D.jpg
    8349EAD4-E32D-4FD4-81FF-3FE7F5D5672D.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 28
  • A12E57F3-257C-402D-81FF-EF325D637A16.jpg
    A12E57F3-257C-402D-81FF-EF325D637A16.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 29

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
I parked up on Farm Rd while the girlfriend dashed into the butchers and noticed two cars parked on double yellows as I reversed into a space. A few minutes later a fire engine turned up and asked very nicely if the lazy sods would mind moving their cars with its horn.

Glorious!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Went to collect takeaway (I know, how very old skool)
Some street parking but road narrows so not directly outside. Instead double yellow lines. No big deal because car park about 20-25 metres walk. Free and plenty spaces that time day too.

As approach, there’s a massive SUV plus another car parked on the double yellows. SUV driver sat reading phone. But because where parked, suddenly car coming other way almost clips me where’s had these idiots not selfishly parked where had it wouldn’t happen. I breathe in anticipating crunch, which fortunately never happened and proceed to use the (free) car park obviously. Mildly swearing to myself.

As walk up suddenly SUV driver parked on double yellows puts down phone, gets out and follows me into the same takeaway. Obviously collecting too. Irritated I decide to actually say something and calmly say “you really shouldn’t park there, you nearly caused an accident a moment ago, the roads too narrow, that’s why there’s double yellows, and you’ve parked practically a bus too, please be more considerate”

Then it starts: “so what. What’s the problem. You’re so aggressive. Why are you having a go me. Have you had a bad week. Is it because I’m a WOMEN and SMALL…?”

In an instance, she turned herself into a VICTIM as only those millennials can! It was like ticking off a buzzword bingo card, had she not been white, I’m sure I’d have been deemed racist too.

What ever happened to ‘yeah, sorry, my bad, I’ll use the FREE car park ONLY metres away next time’ etc? Grrrrr

Expects flaming, cool story bro, gammon accusations etc etc! But if there’s 2 minor public infractions that really annoy me it’s car ‘dumping’ (not parking) like this and litter louts. It’s enough to start me on statins! :albion2:And breath…:lolol:
Almost certainly had it been a bouncer-like looking bloke you’d have thought twice about saying something, and not in the way you did, so she probably had a point.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Some street parking but road narrows so not directly outside. Instead double yellow lines. No big deal because car park about 20-25 metres walk. Free and plenty spaces that time day too.

As approach, there’s a massive SUV plus another car parked on the double yellows. SUV driver sat reading phone. But because where parked, suddenly car coming other way almost clips me where’s had these idiots not selfishly parked where had it wouldn’t happen. I breathe in anticipating crunch, which fortunately never happened and proceed to use the (free) car park obviously. Mildly swearing to myself.

As walk up suddenly SUV driver parked on double yellows puts down phone, gets out and follows me into the same takeaway. Obviously collecting too. Irritated I decide to actually say something and calmly say “you really shouldn’t park there, you nearly caused an accident a moment ago, the roads too narrow, that’s why there’s double yellows, and you’ve parked practically a bus too, please be more considerate”

Then it starts: “so what. What’s the problem. You’re so aggressive. Why are you having a go me. Have you had a bad week. Is it because I’m a WOMEN and SMALL…?”

In an instance, she turned herself into a VICTIM as only those millennials can! It was like ticking off a buzzword bingo card, had she not been white, I’m sure I’d have been deemed racist too.

What ever happened to ‘yeah, sorry, my bad, I’ll use the FREE car park ONLY metres away next time’ etc? Grrrrr

Expects flaming, cool story bro, gammon accusations etc etc! But if there’s 2 minor public infractions that really annoy me it’s car ‘dumping’ (not parking) like this and litter louts. It’s enough to start me on statins! :albion2:And breath…:lolol:
I’m not surprised to hear that story. I feel that being selfish and generally being inconsiderate is on the increase ( Potter being a good example of course): otherwise known as “ I’ll do what I like and f*ck you”.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I take it you were collecting your doggy bag.
Cough cough takeaway from Cliveden Hotel, judging by the amount of 4x4's parked near you :D
Either that or you were cruising Old Beaconsfield again :wink:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
We moved to the house on the end of New Rd ( corner of Slurry St ) in 1982, the house is called River view . . .built around 1820. Opposite was the road and fishermans huts . . . Then B&Q, later parcelforce. Now the view from 'River view' is this . . .
I am sure we could see the river from your house?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I take it you were collecting your doggy bag.
Cough cough takeaway from Cliveden Hotel, judging by the amount of 4x4's parked near you :D
Either that or you were cruising Old Beaconsfield again :wink:
No, not since bit on lead shot in the takeaway pheasant with jus chateau pap du neuf!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Almost certainly had it been a bouncer-like looking bloke you’d have thought twice about saying something, and not in the way you did, so she probably had a point.
A talking Labrador who can drive?
I think my opening gambit would have been different as well.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
My first flat was on the south side of New Road . . . I found this photo recently, you can see the old B&Q/Paercelforce depot 🙄

Attachments

• B387D1C8-9696-4A0F-99D2-4069AFE672D0.jpeg
    B387D1C8-9696-4A0F-99D2-4069AFE672D0.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 22

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here