Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] I’m telling you, it’s WAR out there!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Went to collect takeaway (I know, how very old skool)
Some street parking but road narrows so not directly outside. Instead double yellow lines. No big deal because car park about 20-25 metres walk. Free and plenty spaces that time day too.

As approach, there’s a massive SUV plus another car parked on the double yellows. SUV driver sat reading phone. But because where parked, suddenly car coming other way almost clips me where’s had these idiots not selfishly parked where had it wouldn’t happen. I breathe in anticipating crunch, which fortunately never happened and proceed to use the (free) car park obviously. Mildly swearing to myself.

As walk up suddenly SUV driver parked on double yellows puts down phone, gets out and follows me into the same takeaway. Obviously collecting too. Irritated I decide to actually say something and calmly say “you really shouldn’t park there, you nearly caused an accident a moment ago, the roads too narrow, that’s why there’s double yellows, and you’ve parked practically a bus too, please be more considerate”

Then it starts: “so what. What’s the problem. You’re so aggressive. Why are you having a go me. Have you had a bad week. Is it because I’m a WOMEN and SMALL…?”

In an instance, she turned herself into a VICTIM as only those millennials can! It was like ticking off a buzzword bingo card, had she not been white, I’m sure I’d have been deemed racist too.

What ever happened to ‘yeah, sorry, my bad, I’ll use the FREE car park ONLY metres away next time’ etc? Grrrrr

Expects flaming, cool story bro, gammon accusations etc etc! But if there’s 2 minor public infractions that really annoy me it’s car ‘dumping’ (not parking) like this and litter louts. It’s enough to start me on statins! :albion2:And breath…:lolol:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Ah, welcome to West Chiltington, almost every vehicle is a 4x4 driven over the centre of the road, usually as you stated by someone on the phone.

They normally head to Storrington Mill Square Car Park to get stuff from Waitrose where they happily take up two car parking spaces...

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
But if there’s 2 minor public infractions that really annoy me it’s car ‘dumping’ (not parking) like this and litter louts. It’s enough to start me on statins
Don’t start me off on selfish dicks who park wherever they like regardless of causing obstruction, accident risk - get out and walk you lazy jackass! - or ignorant twats who‘ve never heard of litter bins and especially fly-tippers - go to the friggin Council dump! However politely you speak to people these days it goes from 0-62 in 2.9 seconds*. EVERYONE IS ANGRY (regardless of the time of month 😂)

We have a lovely river near us, always full of litter. We have narrow streets with cars constantly blocking access for anything larger than a transit (including emergency vehicles)

Yeah, selfish parking and people who litter are my triggers too.

*(that’s the accelerating power of a Lamborghini Huracan Evo in case you were wondering 😁)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Did you have a nice sharp £1 coin in your change on the way out, and did it accidentally sort of rub up against the SUV?
This is the problem with everything going CONTACTLESS & APP…never have any change anymore!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Some street parking but road narrows so not directly outside. Instead double yellow lines. No big deal because car park about 20-25 metres walk. Free and plenty spaces that time day too.

As approach, there’s a massive SUV plus another car parked on the double yellows. SUV driver sat reading phone. But because where parked, suddenly car coming other way almost clips me where’s had these idiots not selfishly parked where had it wouldn’t happen. I breathe in anticipating crunch, which fortunately never happened and proceed to use the (free) car park obviously. Mildly swearing to myself.

As walk up suddenly SUV driver parked on double yellows puts down phone, gets out and follows me into the same takeaway. Obviously collecting too. Irritated I decide to actually say something and calmly say “you really shouldn’t park there, you nearly caused an accident a moment ago, the roads too narrow, that’s why there’s double yellows, and you’ve parked practically a bus too, please be more considerate”

Then it starts: “so what. What’s the problem. You’re so aggressive. Why are you having a go me. Have you had a bad week. Is it because I’m a WOMEN and SMALL…?”

In an instance, she turned herself into a VICTIM as only those millennials can! It was like ticking off a buzzword bingo card, had she not been white, I’m sure I’d have been deemed racist too.

What ever happened to ‘yeah, sorry, my bad, I’ll use the FREE car park ONLY metres away next time’ etc? Grrrrr

Expects flaming, cool story bro, gammon accusations etc etc! But if there’s 2 minor public infractions that really annoy me it’s car ‘dumping’ (not parking) like this and litter louts. It’s enough to start me on statins! :albion2:And breath…:lolol:
You doner well not to kick off, she clearly had a chip on her shoulder. Time for her to sauce a new car if she’s struggling to park the SUV

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Your Swiss army knife is your (probably illegal these days) friend!
How did you know?!! :lolol: I own 2 actually, one of best life investments since cub camp all those decades ago!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The standards of driving and selfishness in Central Shoreham recently have been astounding, cycling in the dark is pretty scary, walking the dog through town is even worse, people cutting corners in cars and quite happily taking to the pavements. Its difficult to cross when no one will stop and they're pretty much bumper to bumper.

hopefully once the slack arsed lazy twats doing the crossing @ the Dead Lion have finished, things will ease a little . . . . Then Shitpump PLC finish fixing the drains that have been bodged up for the last 3 years . . . We may get a few months respite before another 5000 people move into al the high rise flats. . .if anyone can afford to buy them.

and breathe. 😂

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The standards of driving and selfishness in Central Shoreham recently have been astounding, cycling in the dark is pretty scary, walking the dog through town is even worse, people cutting corners in cars and quite happily taking to the pavements. Its difficult to cross when no one will stop and they're pretty much bumper to bumper.

hopefully once the slack arsed lazy twats doing the crossing @ the Dead Lion have finished, things will ease a little . . . . Then Shitpump PLC finish fixing the drains that have been bodged up for the last 3 years . . . We may get a few months respite before another 5000 people move into al the high rise flats. . .if anyone can afford to buy them.

and breathe. 😂
That's a pity. I was born in Shoreham and lived there for 20 years and always thought how lucky I was to live there. I thought one of the worst things they ever did was put up the Ropetackle Arts Centre with all those new apartments. They demolished the old Kings Head pub and lost that great view of the Adur, the downs and Lancing College

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That's a pity. I was born in Shoreham and lived there for 20 years and always thought how lucky I was to live there. I thought one of the worst things they ever did was put up the Ropetackle Arts Centre with all those new apartments. They demolished the old Kings Head pub and lost that great view of the Adur, the downs and Lancing College
What they knocked down was inexcusable, but the general redevelopment isn't that bad, ceertainly better than the chipboard crap they've been lashing up more recently.

There are always considerate solutions, but not necessarily highly profitable ones.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The last time I was in Shoreham I was walking down Surry Street on the way to the Wellington from Shoreham Station. It looked like another big housing development was starting. Not sure what was there before

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I agree with you.
It seems that the world is being taken over by selfish lazy arrogant people.
Here in Malta, double parking is very common near convenience shops and pastizzi takeaways. Too lazy to walk a few metres.
Usually though, the driver gets out and leaves the passenger in the car.

It is usually huge SUVs and BMWs/ Mercedes to blame. The tax on these vehicles ought to be 10 times what it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here