I'm so SICK of wearing TROUSERS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I can't tell when it happened that I decided it wasn't all that comfortable sitting around in trousers anymore but it definitely HAS happened as one of the highlights of my day is getting home and unbuttoning my jeans, kicking them to the floor and lounging around in my pants.

I can do EVERYTHING in my pants EXCEPT go out and visit the pub/do the shopping/get a job.

It isn't like I have loads of old uncomfortable pairs of ill fitting trousers, in fact far from it as most of them are baggy and loose BUT I just always seem to notice them being on and I'd rather they were off.

Is this just me or would everyone gladly give up trousers if it were acceptable to do so?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I go to Scotland twice a year for a period of a few days. Invariably, I end up wearing kilts. So LIBERATING. I wouldn't mind wearing a kilt in the long term, but opportunities are sparse.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Well by pants I do in fact mean BOXERS but pants just sounds better.

I quite like the idea of a skirt although I fear a kilt might be a bit thick, woolly and hot for me. I'd rather something light and airy, and possibly floral

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It can get a bit humid, but then they are generally worn in a temperate climate. A Sporran, now that is f***ing genius! You can store all manner of things in there without the connotations of 'carrying a bag'.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I hardly ever wear trousers....

It would in fact be a real TURN-UP for me to wear a pair
two days on the trot.

Let the punfest begin.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Well what do you wear then?

Or was that just an excuse to get the Turn Up pun in?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
hmmmm....I am also subject to this phenomenon, although I find a pair of jogging bottoms does the trick (also wandering around in my boxers in front of the kids my well get me arrested :) )

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Well I live alone so it doesn't really matter.

Does make me wonder whether I'd make more of an effort were I in a shared house though.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Aprons are airy, and you can undo the necktying bit and just have the bottom half hang down to cover the front end of your private(s). As long as you don't walk anywhere backwards, or moonwalk as some might call it, your bum is coolingly exposed without anyone espying a sweetcorn skin or pair of bagged walnuts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps this why so many people virtually live indoors in pyjama bottoms. In the papers the other day was an article that Tesco's refused entry to a girl wearing them.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
BlueJuice,

I was of course lying in the name of humour.

I don't have the moral FABRIC to actually wear no trousers.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Yeah I heard that. What is up with that? Why can't a woman go to the shops in her PJ's? It's hardly Harrods is it?

I've been to the local newsagent in my dressing gown before, on the hunt for condoms.

I didn't give a f***

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Many of our clients find pants confining, Mr Simpson, so we offer a range of alternatives for the ample gentleman: ponchos, muu-muus, capes, jumpsuits, unisheets, Muslim body rolls, academic and judicial robes"

"Oh I don't want to look like a weirdo. I'll just go with a muu-muu".

homer_mumu1.jpg

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
For what it's worth EDNA I am a 30" waist so I don't think it's a problem of having too big a belly to not want trousers.

I just like being FREE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports