Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm on telly tonight!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm the British bloke who turns up half an hour in, looks a bit silly, gets chased by an orangutan, probably makes a complete prat of himself. Thats my reading of it anyway!
They kindly edited to spare your blushes. Not sure why you felt the need to tell us about your hormones and testosterone though ;)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Simon, re poisonous food in the wild: can't you teach the orphans back at base which foods they should avoid, so that when they enter the wild they have a head start?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Simon, re poisonous food in the wild: can't you teach the orphans back at base which foods they should avoid, so that when they enter the wild they have a head start?

It would be good to do that, and if we can learn which fruits are really bad we will, but its tricky. They eat over 300 different kinds of food, including some poisonous fruits in moderation, and we don't know exactly what it was that she ate that made her sick. Really the only way for them to learn is through trial and error, and its through their trial and error that we're learning. But certainly we can improve.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lets hope that can be done for the orphans to follow.
No doubt they've thought about all the options, I'm just interested to learn what they can and can't do, re teaching them. Like the predators in Australia that kept dying because of the poisonous Cane Toads that were introduced - they captured some predators, and let them feed on Cane Toad meat (without the poison) laced with a sickening drug. Once the predators had eaten the meat and been sick, they didn't eat the meat again. They then taught their young not to eat cane toads either.

Edit - just seen the reply:
It would be good to do that, and if we can learn which fruits are really bad we will, but its tricky. They eat over 300 different kinds of food
That is a lot of food. I suggest that you volunteer to try all the foods, and see which ones make you ill :)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Maybe I wasn't properly paying attention, but it appeared Simon and his firm turned up all tooled up and then one unarmed Blackpool teenager ran them. Bunch of scarfers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here