Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I’m not a Saint 🙂

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’ve never experienced an end of season quite like this in terms of what we could achieve - yes, in 1997 when we fought it out with Hereford to stay in the league, and the stakes were massive, the most massive in our history, and yes, 20 years later when Huddersfield drew at Derby to confirm our promotion to the PL. BUT this is different….

A whole season of amazing football that’s just kept getting better, amazing management and amazing world class individual players has been snowballing into a crescendo of end of season excitement and anxiety alike as we reach for the stars and face the Saints tomorrow…I’m afraid I’m almost bottling, not sure I can stay the course, my nerves are shot and months of brilliant but high risk De Zerbi ball has reduced me to a neurotic, blithering idiot - am not a Saint so as the hour draws near, I’m not even sure I have the inner fortitude to watch tomorrow but know I must.

Please tell me I am not alone feeling like this! 🙂

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I’ve never experienced an end of season quite like this in terms of what we could achieve - yes, in 1997 when we fought it out with Hereford to stay in the league, and the stakes were massive, the most massive in our history, and yes, 20 years later when Huddersfield drew at Derby to confirm our promotion to the PL. BUT this is different….

A whole season of amazing football that’s just kept getting better, amazing management and amazing world class individual players has been snowballing into a crescendo of end of season excitement and anxiety alike as we reach for the stars and face the Saints tomorrow…I’m afraid I’m almost bottling, not sure I can stay the course, my nerves are shot and months of brilliant but high risk De Zerbi ball has reduced me to a neurotic, blithering idiot - am not a Saint so as the hour draws near, I’m not even sure I have the inner fortitude to watch tomorrow but know I must.

Yeah, just you!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If Villa lose today, please, please, please nobody at the club think that giving out flags is a good idea tomorrow. They ALWAYS make us lose.
You mean other than the Amex opening match ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I already feel physically sick

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So . . . Spurs lost, Villa drew, where does that leave us?

Guaranteed 7th with a victory?
IMG_6144.jpeg

(albeit mathematically correct)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
And definitely don’t get a lady to come onto the pitch pre-match and sing ‘this is our moment - this is our time.
Always found Wildhorn overrated.

Couldn’t they do some Cole Porter instead? Maybe “Anything Goes”.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Best track ever recorded with "I'm not a saint" as part of the lyrics. :bowdown:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here