Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Bloody do as you Likies

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
The ONLY change I'd like to see is an 'automatic refresh' button. Or option.
A bit like a live sort of commentary, if you like.
If I can't find a stream or commentary, the only way of keeping up with the game is constant refreshing of the ***Official*** match thread.

Probably not possible, I know.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I appear to have received 12 angry actions in ten years, probably all for the Vegemite is better than Marmite statement. I think all my 'likes' were for the wholehearted climb down and apology.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
...what could possibly go wrong?

This afternoon I'm going to be making some changes to some user group settings on here. It's an area I've not delved into much since we migrated from vBulletin to Xenforo.

There's a high chance that, at some point, I get something wrong. If I do, you may find something is amiss, such as not being to make any posts.

DO NOT PANIC!

If I do get something wrong, I am very likely to know about it immediately, and I'll be working hurriedly to put things right very quickly!

So, again, if something strange happens, DO NOT PANIC. Chill for a wee while and things will return to normal.

I'll post on this thread when I've finished working so, if things are still amiss for you, it will be the time to absolutely panic and/or let me know.
How about making some changes regarding your moderators. You can post a thousand messages slagging off the 'Torys' or The Daily Mail, Brexit, Trump and post any insult you like to any poster that isn't left of centre, but if you do the opposite, even in a VERY light hearted fashion, your posts are deleted and you're banned from thread. Because my posts didn't agree with HKFC's views he did exactly this. I'm sure the usual suspects will be on here congratulating him for this and you will all be very pleased that another poster that doesn't go along with the masses on here has had enough and decided to leave you all to it. Obviously you will back up your moderator and give me some sort of 'Good riddance to bad rubbish' response but if it's possible for you to see the deleted posts, do you really want your board to be run like this? Anyway it was fun for a while and I thank you for that. I wont start a thread about it, I'll go quietly, and let the intolerant Lefties celebrate another one out and enjoy the ever expanding echo chamber.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How about making some changes regarding your moderators. You can post a thousand messages slagging off the 'Torys' or The Daily Mail, Brexit, Trump and post any insult you like to any poster that isn't left of centre, but if you do the opposite, even in a very light hearted fashion, your posts are deleted and you're banned from thread. Because my posts didn't agree with HKFC's views he did exactly this. I'm sure the usual suspects will be on here congratulating him for this and you will all be very pleased that another poster that doesn't go along with the masses on here has had enough and decided to leave you all to it. Obviously you will back up your moderator and give me some sort of 'Good riddance to bad rubbish' response but if it's possible for you to see the deleted posts, do you really want your board to be run like this? Anyway it was fun for a while and I thank you for that. I'll let the intolerant Lefties celebrate another one gone now and enjoy the ever expanding echo chamber.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Often, when people think they've been hard done by with a moderating decision, they pop me a PM and explain what has happened. That permits me to take a look, see what I think and, where required, talk about it with the moderators.

There are times where, collectively, we decide a moderating decision was wrong or too harsh and, when that happens we'll speak to the user concerned, apologise and put things right.

But you've provided me no clues nor information and these things really are best done in private anyway.

To my knowledge, no-one has ever been banned from this site because of their political leanings. Literally, everyone is welcome one NSC as long as they engage in debate politely and respectfully. You can debate strongly and robustly, just do it with respect for those who may not hold the same view. My politics are right of centre and I think I'm correct in saying we have two Conservative Party members in the moderating team too, so there's no left-wing bias in Mod Towers.

Unfortunately, a certain group of posters on here have repeatedly displayed abusiveness, hostility, aggressiveness and a lack of respect for others. It was tolerated for a long time - I doubt they'd have lasted anywhere near as long in most other communities. Warnings were given, ignored and my patience ran out.

I'm never going to apologise for removing from NSC people who are consistently rude - it ruins the mood and turns others away. It makes this place far less fun.

Be as right wing as you like, just don't be an abusive twat with it.

Now, despite your provocative tone, if you'd like me to look into your gripe, please PM me. If it relates to the Hamas/Israel thread however, I removed you from it, because it's a serious thread on a serious topic and you weren't respecting that.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Often, when people think they've been hard done by with a moderating decision, they pop me a PM and explain what has happened. That permits me to take a look, see what I think and, where required, talk about it with the moderators.

There are times where, collectively, we decide a moderating decision was wrong or too harsh and, when that happens we'll speak to the user concerned, apologise and put things right.

But you've provided me no clues nor information and these things really are best done in private anyway.

To my knowledge, no-one has ever been banned from this site because of their political leanings. Literally, everyone is welcome one NSC as long as they engage in debate politely and respectfully. You can debate strongly and robustly, just do it with respect for those who may not hold the same view. My politics are right of centre and I think I'm correct in saying we have two Conservative Party members in the moderating team too, so there's no left-wing bias in Mod Towers.

Unfortunately, a certain group of posters on here have repeatedly displayed abusiveness, hostility, aggressiveness and a lack of respect for others. It was tolerated for a long time - I doubt they'd have lasted anywhere near as long in most other communities. Warnings were given, ignored and my patience ran out.

I'm never going to apologise for removing from NSC people who are consistently rude - it ruins the mood and turns others away. It makes this place far less fun.

Be as right wing as you like, just don't be an abusive twat with it.

Now, despite your provocative tone, if you'd like me to look into your gripe, please PM me. If it relates to the Hamas/Israel thread however, I removed you from it, because it's a serious thread on a serious topic and you weren't respecting that.
No don't worry, if you really believe I needed banning from that thread, then enough said.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The ONLY change I'd like to see is an 'automatic refresh' button. Or option.
A bit like a live sort of commentary, if you like.
If I can't find a stream or commentary, the only way of keeping up with the game is constant refreshing of the ***Official*** match thread.

Probably not possible, I know.
That almost certainly exists I'll see if I can find something.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
No don't worry, if you really believe I needed banning from that thread, then enough said.
There are several users on NSC who have been affected by the conflict, and it is important that we can show respect towards them.

You may be allowed to act childish in other threads, but not in a thread that is a serious issue which many users want to debate about and help others become more knowledgeable in an important, worldwide event - and hopefully you can learn from this mistake.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
...what could possibly go wrong?

This afternoon I'm going to be making some changes to some user group settings on here. It's an area I've not delved into much since we migrated from vBulletin to Xenforo.

There's a high chance that, at some point, I get something wrong. If I do, you may find something is amiss, such as not being to make any posts.

DO NOT PANIC!

If I do get something wrong, I am very likely to know about it immediately, and I'll be working hurriedly to put things right very quickly!

So, again, if something strange happens, DO NOT PANIC. Chill for a wee while and things will return to normal.

I'll post on this thread when I've finished working so, if things are still amiss for you, it will be the time to absolutely panic and/or let me know.
You’ll get it right, first time - you always do mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here