[Other Sport] I'm just about to swim the channel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Piggle’s just hit a jellyfish swarm and his nadgers have resultantly ballooned to the size of footballs so he’s doing quite well on the buoyancy front...apparently.

Bit of drag though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
****!!! Go for it...there is a chunk of cash from the Wunt be Druv charity fund on it's way...good luck and drown or get eaten or run over by a boat..or stung by a Portuguese Man of War...go for it!!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Good luck - what an incredible thing to do!

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Good luck - great effort.

if you swim past Peacehaven seafront tell my daughter to get her arse home, it’s late!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hi all. Overwhelmed by all your generosity! Kick off in 2 hours
When you swim back.... Could you bring me back a half case of Oxford Landing Chardonnay please. ? Only as you're there.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
When you swim back.... Could you bring me back a half case of Oxford Landing Chardonnay please. ? Only as you're there.
That's Australian, how far is he swimming?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

el punal

Good luck on your venture! A few other bits for me to mention as you carry out your magnificent feat :

1. Don’t forget to wave to Nigel Farage while he sits alone, with a pair of binoculars, on the White Cliffs of Dover.

2. Avoid the sinking Trump flotilla boats, you can’t miss them as the occupants will be very loud.

3. When you make shore in La Belle France do not buy any knocked off replica models of the Eiffel Tower.

Bon chance mon brave!

P.S. By the time you read this post your good deed will have been done, in which case ignore the above and congratulations! :bowdown:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hope he is surviving!

“Until conclusive proof is presented, however, UK great whites are resigned to the ‘possible, but unproven’ file, along with two other intriguing reports. In one, a nurse shark (Ginglymostoma cirratum), normally a species of tropical waters, was apparently spotted by two divers on the seafloor near Alderney in the Channel Islands during July 2001. In the second, a letter published in the Morning Herald in September 1875 described how the head of a man was found in the stomach of a 12ft tiger shark (Galeocerdo cuvier) that was hacked to death by beachgoers when it beached itself in Brighton.”

https://www.wildlifeonline.me.uk/articles/view/great-white-shark-in-british-waters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports