Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm hearing some big BHA news this evening...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
or you might argue the playing budget and our transfer targets for this year was set a while ago and Dunk's departure or not was a completely separate issue...
The playing budget might have been set, but it will of course been subject to change if anyone was sold. If Dunk was sold, it's fairly obvious that more finds would have been available, than if he's not sold.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The playing budget might have been set, but it will of course been subject to change if anyone was sold. If Dunk was sold, it's fairly obvious that more finds would have been available, than if he's not sold.

depends how much extra had to be found to fund his new contract, whether all player profits go back into the playing budget (Bloom says they don't), how the payments are structured (not all at once), our FFP allowance for spending (must be close to it), and the remaining players we're targeting.
I'd suggest , aside from forcing us to think about a replacement for Dunk himself or further centre back cover then it would have made no difference to the apparently two remaining players we're after.
The likely cost of both and names we will have set aside months ago.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
depends how much extra had to be found to fund his new contract
No it doesn't. The increase in his wages would have reduced what's left in our playing budget, selling him would have increased it.
whether all player profits go back into the playing budget (Bloom says they don't)
I've seen what the club said before, but can't remember exactly what it was, have you got the quote?
how the payments are structured (not all at once), our FFP allowance for spending (must be close to it)
That just affects how much extra would be available. I didn't specify a figure, I just said more would be available, and it would.

I'd suggest , aside from forcing us to think about a replacement for Dunk himself or further centre back cover then it would have made no difference to the apparently two remaining players we're after.
The likely cost of both and names we will have set aside months ago.
That's ridiculous. There would have been a huge list of players made months ago, but we'd have had no idea which we'd get, and how much we'd get them for. How much we've spent on the recent purchases wouldn't have been known months ago, so how much is left wouldn't have been known either. The club will constantly review market values, and how much they're willing to pay for another winger or striker now, won't be the same as it was a few months ago. Just as a tiny example, we weren't planning to bring Zamora in, which will have reduced our need for extra strikers, and reduced our budget (but maybe not by as much as we'd have expected to spend on another striker).

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The club forgot it within 3 days by having him on the bench, stripped off ready to come on the pitch at Fulham. He was fined, the line was drawn and finished.
Why do you want to bear a grudge?

I don't bear a grudge I'm simply stating a fact that the lad refused to play for us because he thought of money first and nothing else.
Simply sitting down with your bosses and talking it through first would have been better than acting like a petulant child
and refusing to play for the club and fans that pay your wages
and have been paying your wages for some years too.
People keep saying "oh he's only young " he's nearly 24 years old and should show some loyalty and be more grown up about it,
afte rall he is a " Professional " Footballer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here