[Albion] I’m crying

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Hereford '97
First game at the Amex
Wolves Away promotion season
First win against Liverpool in PL
MacAllister's penalty when I knew we were going to be in Europe.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Who the f**k are Ajax anyway?
IMG_2518.jpeg

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Was holding together till on the way up the stairs a bloke put his arm around me and said son you witnessed the 1st victory in Europe and said you here gone

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This one meant a lot to me tonight but I'm strangely emotionless. It was so bloody easy. Compare that to Marseille where I lost my voice and was shirtless by the end of the night !!!
Well done for pointing out their tactics on here.

As you predicted, they spent a lot of the first half very deep with a back 5 trying to protect a point. Defend, defend, defend.

I may have countered that if we score first, they are absolutely ****ed with those tactics and true to the predictions, they were.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This one meant a lot to me tonight but I'm strangely emotionless. It was so bloody easy. Compare that to Marseille where I lost my voice and was shirtless by the end of the night !!!
I'm half way between you and @Peacehaven Wild Kids. Smashing Liverpool, Ronaldo's Man Ure, and Chelsea affected me more.

I said to @Hugo Rune at one point that Ajax (pronounced the English way, like the kid's name in Duckman) are the shittest side I've seen at the Amex for ages.

Totally weird.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm half way between you and @Peacehaven Wild Kids. Smashing Liverpool, Ronaldo's Man Ure, and Chelsea affected me more.

I said to @Hugo Rune at one point that Ajax (pronounced the English way, like the kid's name in Duckman) are the shittest side I've seen at the Amex for ages.

Totally weird.
When we play properly we are a top top side, sometimes when you get used to something you don't appreciate it as much as you should. Ajax slightly better than Luton standing off Billy and Pascal in midfield shameful

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Totally weird.
True, but it’s Ajax fella…
The history etc, and the most important thing is history will in the future read Brighton 2 Ajax 0
it wont say in brackets (they were shite by the way)

forever ours and beats my worst experience Crewe 4 Brighton 0 (after 20 minutes)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
True, but it’s Ajax fella…
The history etc, and the most important thing is history will in the future read Brighton 2 Ajax 0
it wont say in brackets (they were shite by the way)

forever ours and beats my worst experience Crewe 4 Brighton 0 (after 20 minutes)
Oh, of course. I agree. I said to @monty uk before the KO that this is not the most important game in the history of the Albion, but it is the biggest game. As you say, it's Ajax. I'd rate it above the FA cup final. Well....maybe not, but....

:thumbsup:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It all still seems a bit surreal to me. In my head it's a 'friendly' match that a 'big' team has agreed to play for their pre season warm up. But it's not, tonight has been amazing and my head is really going to hurt in the morning!! 😂

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Strange emotions.
I was so up for this one.
Felt the North stand were on top form in the first half.
But..
Ajax were so shit!
Took the gloss off it.
The fans reverted to "We're the North stand" pretty early on in the second half.

History will say it was a monumental result.
But in truth, Grimsby gave us a better game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here