I'm all in for the 2013-14 season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Nope I am not even gonna think about next season yet, I'm going to try and enjoy this one. Be it a relegation scrap, a mid table win some lose some season, or a late run for the playoffs.

Next season? Have you given up on this one then???

This is what football supporting should be all about. Enjoy !!!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I think once all injured players back fit and fighting we'll have a late run and just make 6th. Fingers crossed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry I've just realised I misread your post, I thought you were thinking about NEXT season, hence my response :rolleyes:

So I'm more than happy to added a positive spin for this season...think Reading two years ago
I'm unable to decide if not knowing which year we are in:-

a) excludes you from the thread.
or
2) makes you Vice President.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm 100% behind OG, I have no reason not to be.

But not sure I can agree with that description. I agree we're not pinging it around the back 4/5 as much but I'd say we've taken to a much more direct long ball game and I'm finding it difficult to understand what seems to be like a much freer role (polite) given to many of the players. I'm not sure it's an injury issue, perhaps taking a bit of time to get his ideas across. Either that or I've been going to the wrong place!!

I think u have raised an interesting couple of points there young rugrat..personally i'm not seeing a whole lot different

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Absolutely in for the season....whether it be top, mid or bottom of the table. That`s what supporting your team is all about, right? OG will prosper given time and support, no need to panic so early into the season.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think u have raised an interesting couple of points there young rugrat..personally i'm not seeing a whole lot different

Ta ... I get the OG love in (I'm signed up) but I'm not sure that what we've seen pitch side (so far) is anything to be particularly optimistic about ... but then I'm a Maureen!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ta ... I get the OG love in (I'm signed up) but I'm not sure that what we've seen pitch side (so far) is anything to be particularly optimistic about ... but then I'm a Maureen!!

theres a few of us about...its going to be confusing calling each other Maureen

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
theres a few of us about...its going to be confusing calling each other Maureen
You could have been Douglas' but you choose to be Maureen's, hmmmm

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I think you'd have to be nuts to write us off already this season. We've only lost three of 10 and that's with us missing many of our best players. Of course I'm realistic about what we're capable of even with the likes of Bridcutt, Ulloa and Orlandi back in the team but I really feel we could make the play-offs again.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well, we arent going to be in a relegation fight like what some on here say.

November onwards we should start to come to life a bit more when we are less injury-ravaged. 3 defeats in 11 isnt that bad.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm looking forward to it. I'm not expecting a promotion run or anything.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Far be it for to be Nigel NitPicker but:-

Only reply if you think we with triumph and will be Premier League bound in May.

All or nothing people, you're either a Wayne Winner or Moaning Maureen, there's no room for Fenella FenceSitters.

EDIT As per original post all Maureen's and Fenella's can f**k off.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Double.

£3.90 a pint!

Sep 26, 2013
Brighton
Let's kick on this Saturday with a win and it will be smiles all round, lose and it will be a damp squib especially with all that lager I'll be getting down my neck but whatever happens it's still only £3.90 a pint. Glug on. :albion2:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
When Oscar first got the job I suggested he might need until Xmas to really find his feet, so best not to judge him until then - and that was before we had the run of injuries. Maybe that will take the pressure off peoples expectations (a bit).

I am quietly hoping that we get everyone fit and if Oscar's system then really clicks we will put a decent run together from around Xmas onward and maybe flirt with the play-offs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem appears to be the players are encouraged to do something that was strictly taboo for 3 years or so and that is to shoot from distance but all will come good soon, when they get used to it and get their range worked out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports