Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] "I'm a retired professional cricketer..."

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I know someone who played against Darren Pattinson who has admitted as much albeit he trained greyhounds last I saw of him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Gavin Hamilton, ex-Durham and partially Scottish, would fit the bill, you know what Jocks are like.

Unless he was spotted with a hip flask whilst fielding at point I reckon its a West Indian.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Maybe slightly anticlimactic, but knowing Fesshole the correct answer is 'nobody who has played cricket professionally'

There's literally just a form you fill out and whoever runs the site just picks confessions at random and posts them. There isn't any fact checking involved, so the odds are it's all complete bullshit.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sounds just like your typical NSC poster on an England football night...

Oh different rules for cricket I see.

Must admit I used to be passionate about the England football team, but I actually couldn’t give a toss about them now, so don’t even watch......

Of course then the major tournament begins and I jump back on the bandwagon [emoji2]

Credit to you on that one Sheebo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Doesn't ring true to me. That interview smacks of integrity and decency. Doesn't look to me like someone who wants to support someone else.

My money's still on Pietersen (and if not him, another South African)

Especially when it comes to Cricket, a lot of British born Asians will support their country of heritage. It's highly likely that he'll have gained a love of the sport through his Pakistani father and he actively supports them because of it. Completely understandable and nothing outside the bounds of decency, but also fits the bill.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Especially when it comes to Cricket, a lot of British born Asians will support their country of heritage. It's highly likely that he'll have gained a love of the sport through his Pakistani father and he actively supports them because of it. Completely understandable and nothing outside the bounds of decency, but also fits the bill.

Yes, it's true that a lot of British-born Asians support their country of heritage but nothing about Ansari strikes me that this is the case. His father is a professor in England and has been here for some years. He also talks about his pride in his England caps.

It's possible that a British-born Asian would support his parents/grandparents' country but I don't think it's Ansari.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Prime suspect. Been documented elsewhere he was pissed off when England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003. Played more than a handful of times but could be a red herring.

2020-11-05 (2)_LI.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here